we need a humor forum.....until then

Now should someone wanna really wonder about BRC philosophy , let me remind you my post about the search function and/or the old post/thread data base transfer / handling to/by the new forum engine/host.

I have tens of old links to bullet making threads that are not working anymore, which I can understand. But when I "search" for them using the exact thread titles on the new platform (as bookmarked by the past) , there is no thread found.

Wrote Elmer, no answer.
Now, forum is for sale.

To me, here is the true discussion point. This forum cradle of life is History with a Big H. Having no access to History and search forum knowledge base any more is just a shame.

Keeping or deleting the Humor thread is just choking the chicken.
OO, thanks for your post; it prompted me to look for your "post about the search function..." (maybe you're referring to the second paragraph in post # 80 at https://benchrest.com/forum/threads/bullet-making-pics.72619/page-4#post-859150.

Regardless of my post # 40 at https://benchrest.com/forum/threads/anyone-interested-in-buying-benchrest-com.105910/page-2, AND, post # 13 at http://benchrest.com/forum/threads/wilbur-harris-tribute-and-funeral-information.104180/, I share your frustration. (Another issue is that when I click on the number of posts by a member the results are often not accurate; e.g., clicking on the 5,275 on Wilbur's member page returns only three posts.)

Whatever is going on with the search function is strange. As hinted at by the EDIT in the aforementioned post # 13, maybe the problem lies in the slight re-naming of the applicable web "address"? I'll bring this issue to the attention of the appropriate people; maybe they can solve the search issue.

Last edited:
It is going to take a bunch of dedicated effort to bring this site back to its former status. Somehow all those knowledgeable shooters and posters have to be enticed to come back and begin to use this site as they did before.
Joe, thanks for your comments. Do you have suggestions as to how to "bring this site back to its former status"?

Well this a humor thread and all this bitching is quite entertaining. Although it is a pia to read and jump around to various ref. and I just wasted 20 minutes doing that. Jokes on me.

By the way, Gentlemen, that new page 123 was a morning frustration to me.
What about another thread to host the debate about keeping or deleting the humor thread ?

Furthermore, I do not even understand the purpose of the discussion ragging in here.

Are we all witnessing some kind of awaking bench rest radicalism ?
Are we soon to see here some self proclaimed ayatollah's club claiming that 6PPC is the only way for the true bench rest believer ?

So my today's input to the discussion is to cancel the air gun benchrest forum straightaway. It's against 2A and that is not bearable.

Now should someone wanna really wonder about BRC philosophy , let me remind you my post about the search function and/or the old post/thread data base transfer / handling to/by the new forum engine/host.

I have tens of old links to bullet making threads that are not working anymore, which I can understand. But when I "search" for them using the exact thread titles on the new platform (as bookmarked by the past) , there is no thread found.

Wrote Elmer, no answer.
Now, forum is for sale.

May Mr. Ericson walk on rose petals for the next thousand year for bringing one of these old Bullet Making Pics thread back to life.

Should I had no access to this information some years back, I will NEVER have made the decision to get in the bullet making adventure. Never.

But at that time, I found it, so I finally went through, and I am now in a position to share with and support a fellow shooter wondering about BM, and so will have bench rest walking 1 step further.

To me, here is the true discussion point. This forum cradle of life is History with a Big H. Having no access to History and search forum knowledge base any more is just a shame.

Keeping or deleting the Humor thread is just choking the chicken.
The search issues were caused by software issues and unmaintained servers before this was transferred to our server. If the transfer did not occur the old servers would shut off and the site would have been virtually totally lost forever. We have worked tireless hours to recover, reorganize, move over, and keep the site going at no charge for that service. Many of the site's applications were old technology and needed overhauling. We are doing all we can to recover the old data but like I said as of Feb 28, 2024, that server was to be completely shut down and disabled so the site would have just disappeared. Mr Temp Bottle Washer was kind enough to put in the effort and finances in to preserve it and to not let it just totally disappear. I apologize for the issues that are occurring. We are doing our best to keep the boat floating and trying to get it to sail strong again. It was in some rocky waters and not easily corrected. Please be patient as we work to get the issues worked out. ~Lori -Infinite Web Consulting

Lori, you and Brandon are the BEST! :)
Thank you. This site is working out pretty good. I like it.
Other folks went over to a site in Facebook. Nothing is organized. The main discussion page is only organized by the latest post or like. And it's a Secret site. VERY Private(to be said in Sgt. Shultz's accent), VERY secret....
Again thanks.
Now on to the memes. Borrowed from David Strom at Hot Air. Townhall sites are a good read.

Back