IR 50/50 Sporters

@doclu60 Scott, I do love pics and that looks awesome!!! If I thought I'd actually compete regularly in IR50 I'd focus on getting something based on a RBLP RFBR action. If I still lived up by you I'd be going to Pontiac but, as you know, I'm now down near DFW and happy for it. So hopefully I'll be able to take Mr TKH up on his offer and play with a P94S and see if that barrel Doug sent me does any good. I've had people ask me to make single shot adapters for the P94S. So that would give me a platform to develop it with. I know you can't actually use a SSA for IR50 sporter but I would just be shooting targets with a 6X scope for my enjoyment

So here's a question regarding the magazine rule for IR50 Sporter. Can you put an insert in the magazine to facilitate single loading? My guess is you can't but doesn't hurt to ask

IR rules 5.2 "rifle must have a detachable magazine capable of holding two round installed in the action", and yes, the rules specify 'round' instead of 'rounds'......Lol. I would expect a referee or MD (been/are both) to judge an insert in a magazine as a single shot adapter and not allow it.

Nothing wrong with having an IR Sporter to goof around with, even though you have no intention of competing with it. They are challenging and fun to shoot. I have a variable on both of mine and do turn them up when testing, but the real fun is at 6/6.5 power. I never practice with my heavy/UL rifles. I will test/tune with them, but my Sporter.......I shoot cards with that just for fun! For me, it's a totally different involvement in the rifle/scope/rest making for a very satisfying shooting experience when you crank out a good card. I love it.

Good luck wherever this goes for you......Scott

Yeah I was thinking about going with a variable. I've had a Sightron 6X sitting here for several years that I intended to use for CMP Rimfire Sporter. I moved and stopped shooting that discipline. So the scope has been collecting dust. I'll probably try it with the 6X and see how it goes

Pat don’t be too bothered with the port configuration on an otherwise good gun.
One of my sporters was Gordon’s personal sporter and is RBRP, not my favorite but not a real issue, especially with a 2500 Even though everything else I own is RBLP.

Pat, If you have one, Leupold VX3 or VX3i 6.5-20 EFR makes a great scope with the correct recital. Weighs around 17.5oz, although weight really isn't an issue for you.
Yeah I was thinking about going with a variable. I've had a Sightron 6X sitting here for several years that I intended to use for CMP Rimfire Sporter. I moved and stopped shooting that discipline. So the scope has been collecting dust. I'll probably try it with the 6X and see how it goes

Tim, I hear 'ya on the 2500 RBRP. That action has a very user friendly port. I most likely bought the last 2500XS that was new from the Killough/Stiller camp and it's RBRP. It's also a consecutive s/n to one I already have, but that and $5.00 will get you coffee at Starbucks!!
Pat don’t be too bothered with the port configuration on an otherwise good gun.
One of my sporters was Gordon’s personal sporter and is RBRP, not my favorite but not a real issue, especially with a 2500 Even though everything else I own is RBLP.

I have to circle back with Jerry out of curiosity to enquire how many XS RBRP’s he did, I know it was not many.

Back