Front joystick rest options

MODERATOR'S COMMENTS - THERE'S A CLASSIFIED SECTION HERE THAT MAY BE OF INTEREST. CLICK ON THE HOME TAB ABOVE, THEN CLICK ON THE CLASSIFIEDS BOX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it and I am impressed. Will be going through the counterbalance set up tomorrow. This may be what I've been looking for all my life.
I believe you'll love it.

For anyone that's interested, here's video of a guy in eastern Europe copying Rod's original rest that uses the same coax mechanism as his new Raptor. This video is what prompted me to buy one. I think you can watch from about the 2:00 mark to about 6:00 or so and get the idea. It uses linear bearings and rails in the x and y, together giving the z. It was brilliant IMO. I was sold as soon as I saw how it works and why it's the best design to date.

I believe you'll love it.

For anyone that's interested, here's video of a guy in eastern Europe copying Rod's original rest that uses the same coax mechanism as his new Raptor. This video is what prompted me to buy one. I think you can watch from about the 2:00 mark to about 6:00 or so and get the idea. It uses linear bearings and rails in the x and y, together giving the z. It was brilliant IMO. I was sold as soon as I saw how it works and why it's the best design to date.

Mike, thanks so much for posting this video. I had talked with Rod about how I couldn't visualize in my head just what was occurring when I was twiddling with the counterbalance screws. This video helped quite a bit in that area. I saw that there are 5 videos in this build. I've only skimmed a couple and it looks like a lot of chip making. My you tube downloader (Viddly) quit and I can't get them until I determine what's going on there.

Mike, thanks so much for posting this video. I had talked with Rod about how I couldn't visualize in my head just what was occurring when I was twiddling with the counterbalance screws. This video helped quite a bit in that area. I saw that there are 5 videos in this build. I've only skimmed a couple and it looks like a lot of chip making. My you tube downloader (Viddly) quit and I can't get them until I determine what's going on there.
Yes, it was a series of videos of the guy copying Rod's original rest, from start to finish. Pretty cool but I suggest turning the volume down. That background music wore on me pretty fast. Lol!

Find a used Farley at a good price. Send just the top to Mark Johnson in Erie, Co to have him tune it up. Fast, affordable. and made right here. The guy works magic on these rests.

MODERATOR'S COMMENTS - THERE'S A CLASSIFIED SECTION HERE THAT MAY BE OF INTEREST. CLICK ON THE HOME TAB ABOVE, THEN CLICK ON THE CLASSIFIEDS BOX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back