Front joystick rest options

65shooter

Anyone know of any intermediate quality/price front joystick rest options that are above the little Caldwell joystick rest for $235 (dont trust it) and the 3000 dollar jewel encrusted super rare aluminum models (even though aluminum is the 3rd most abundant element in the earth's crust) made in Europe by guys that wont answer their phones or emails and have 3 year lead times? lol.
Any say 700 dollar models that work well enough, and are made here?

the sebs are great, which is why there is a waiting time...long line of buyers. i have a 2 one is the seb max limited edition.
there are others, the Italians' and couple made locally. a n option is a sinclair comp rest and add a top from shade tree while waiting for the real thing. having said all that record holder and all round ace shooter gary ocock shoots from a simple three leg rest and dose very well.

Last edited:
Definitely take a look at the Raptor front rest. Huge compliment to say that it's better than even a Seb but it is, IMHO. In fairness, I have not had Sebs new X rest in my hands yet and it appears that he changed the internal mechanism to be very similar to the Raptor internal design. So, I'd expect them to perform at least similarly. It's not a $700 rest but neither is a seb. If you need to stay within that budget..good luck but look at the used market. With so many new rests coming in, I expect used values to drop some.

The engineering of the internals is superb and the rest is amazing. I did a comparison about a year ago. Something along the lines of 8 times less coax effort than a Seb Neo, fwiw. Made here and shipped in days or weeks instead of years. Nothing against a Seb. Awesome rest too! He just has a legit American competitor is all...which is good for the consumer. It drives them to be the best and might or might not affect price.

Where is lenzi made?
Italy, pretty certain. Nice rest as well. Styling is very good and has an Italian look about it. Imo, the nicest lookin rest out there but you really have to feel of a well adjusted Raptor and compare all others to it.

Have had the Rodzilla T Rex rest for a couple of years . Has always functioned as and when needed . Very smooth plus American made . With original setup Rod was always available to answer any questions and concerns.
Good rest.
JW

There's a classified section here that might be of interest to you. Click on the Home tab above, then click on the Classifieds box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this another guy that the rests are a side business in his basement that he devotes 5 hours a week to, and wont put up a website? Or is he a full on legitimate U.S. business with a website and an actual building. This is important to me lol

Is this another guy that the rests are a side business in his basement that he devotes 5 hours a week to, and wont put up a website? Or is he a full on legitimate U.S. business with a website and an actual building. This is important to me lol
In this very specialized sport, it's very common for some of the best work and products to come from a small, one man shop. Just FYI. I would be hard pressed for that to stop me, but that's me.

I talked to him a day ago and he mentioned that he was going to the anodizer to pick up 50 base plates. Sounds legit to me.

Definitely take a look at the Raptor front rest. Huge compliment to say that it's better than even a Seb but it is, IMHO. In fairness, I have not had Sebs new X rest in my hands yet and it appears that he changed the internal mechanism to be very similar to the Raptor internal design. So, I'd expect them to perform at least similarly. It's not a $700 rest but neither is a seb. If you need to stay within that budget..good luck but look at the used market. With so many new rests coming in, I expect used values to drop some.

The engineering of the internals is superb and the rest is amazing. I did a comparison about a year ago. Something along the lines of 8 times less coax effort than a Seb Neo, fwiw. Made here and shipped in days or weeks instead of years. Nothing against a Seb. Awesome rest too! He just has a legit American competitor is all...which is good for the consumer. It drives them to be the best and might or might not affect price.

Well, I ordered a Raptor w /BR config. Went for the Edgewood bag and Hard Case. Ordered on 4/4/24 and it's out for delivery today, 4/10/24.

There are a lot of good joystick front rests, but just a few excellent ones.

Like cars, all will drive you along to your destiny, but just a few will excel in comfort and confidence.

I have used quite a few ones, but from the last 6 years, and will continue to be, I just rely on one brand.

List of boxes to be ticked when looking for a front rest:
  1. Ability to cover, without repositioning, the full target (side to side and up to bottom) with joystick mechanism
  2. Weight
  3. Base design and stability
  4. Joystick quality mechanism
  5. Ability to allow the front rest piece to go low on height
  6. Adjustability
  7. Moving rest bag piece (to counteract sideways torque)
  8. Ability to move the joystick mechanism regarding base plate
  9. Holding adjustments
  10. Knobs size
  11. Front rest bag quality
  12. Front stock "back to battery" system
  13. Reliability
  14. Durability
  15. Easy of maintenance
  16. Fewer pieces as possible
  17. Easy for travel
That said, and to name joystick rests I have used, not to name the screw type ones (I had my share of them too):
(positive aspects, by number, in front of each)
  • Farley (3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 16, 17)
  • Cicognani (1, 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17)
  • SEB mini (4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17)
  • NOTA (3, 7, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17)
  • Lenzi (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Quite easy to understand what I'm using for more than 6 years...

(Note: #1 based on BR50 and BR25, because for CF all cover the target)

Last edited:
Back