which rail gun to start with

sooooo the un-obtainable came on the market. krieger released some bbls and there was a 6 mm/13.5t/1.35 straight.
which i now own for later or in case the current bbl is not shootable....oh and n133,,,,one case of 4 8's!

so i actually got to shoot the rail today. fire form some brass and a general zero of the scope.
next up is some actual group shooting...maybe next thursday. fire form loads pretended to shoot groups. i think a good sine for the bbl and the bbl clean quick and easy another good sign.

Any video’s of a rail gun being shot. I would like to see The process
well you aint gonna like this
you touch the trigger the bbl'd action and block recoil..very little, push forward to stop cycle bolt with a new round, check pint of aim, touch the trigger when the wind matches the first shot...2 in one hole...maybe not much to see. see if anyone has a link to a vid

so Thursday was rail day again. this time shooting fire formed cases with reasonable loads.
at 29.9 and 5 off i managed an 0.080(3 shot)...i appear to be moving in the right direction.
gonna replace my 12-42x nf with something more powerful

Last edited:
so my new to me scope came in, a 30mm tube march 10-60x...NICE
took the last known good load and moved the bullet away from the lands just a touch, and still 29.9.
with a strong right left wind i still managed a 0.138" 5 shot group. tried some more shots moving out more and things went down hill.
next match is sporter /heavy so need to work on them next week

Rails are a different animal, that I have very little experience with. But regardless of scope, your field of view gets a lot smaller as magnification goes up. That just means you don't see the far flags in the bottom of the scope. You just have to play with that and see what works best for you. Yes, I believe we might be going over the edge in terms of huge magnification, though. There really is no fix other than a little less magnification and/or a reticle similar to the March LR reticle like this. I hope they'll bring it back. I think it still might be available by special order. It just makes a lot of sense and I don't see any down sides to it for short range br.
1696125090122.png

talked to lou, he thinks it is where on the lenses that option was placed...does not work on current design.
i asked for one myself.
it was amazing how clear the 10-60x was today

so today at the benchrest range at ben avery, we had mild conditions, unlike the conditions for the match on the weekend. practicing and load development continues. have had help from gary ocock and lou murdica. managed to shoot a 0.068 5 shot today. most were BIGGER but progress is being made. thur/sat practice. match in visalia next weekend. see ya there

so visalia..... like most matches, practice days were much nicer than match days. i shot from .081 to .280 on friday...and then from .217 to 1.2 on match days....we had 33 shooters with several bag guns in the mix. i did not finish last but not good..oh well..good people good fun great food

Back