which rail gun to start with

rsmithsr

yes i am considering jumping off the deep end and buying a rail...
so is there a best in class out there, or several on an even footing
thanks

well the good news is someone heard i was looking for a rail, and another shooter called and asked that someone if he knew anyone looking for a rail!!!
bingo and i am a rail owner..not here yet. j young in blue kelbly action jewel trigger, no scope..i have a few scopes!....may start with a rechamber to match my 6ppc

well the good news is someone heard i was looking for a rail, and another shooter called and asked that someone if he knew anyone looking for a rail!!!
bingo and i am a rail owner..not here yet. j young in blue kelbly action jewel trigger, no scope..i have a few scopes!....may start with a rechamber to match my 6ppc

Please let us know how it goes.

I know very little about rail guns do they take a lot human error as far the shooter out of the equation

They remove gun handling errors, but you still have to tune the load and manage the flags. And if you shoot a rail like most folks do, run shots fast too (with the ability to hit the brakes when conditions change).

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

You have to absolutely, positively and without a doubt keep them from moving on the bench. Clean scuffed up super feet with water under them on concrete benches, a formidable front bump stop massively steel C-clamped to the concrete bench and sand bags/ shot bag/ lead cut off bags on top of the base and leade feet of the base.
Then you have to handle them gently cause they still want to move !!!
We didn't have to worry about this when we could sledge hammer the spiked feet into a concrete top but somewhere along the line clubs got all sensitive about divots in their concrete bench tops. Kelbly's never seemed to care.( it's just concrete, who cares ?)

We didn't have to worry about this when we could sledge hammer the spiked feet into a concrete top but somewhere along the line clubs got all sensitive about divots in their concrete bench tops. Kelbly's never seemed to care.( it's just concrete, who cares ?)
the next guy shooting off the bench with a rest!

ok two beginner questions
the bbl clamp has 10 bolts, bbl inserts look like black delrin, 1.35 dia bbl
how much torque on the bolts? ( i ask as there was next to none when i took it apart)
what lubricant do i use on the sliding parts/points ?
thanks

ok two beginner questions
the bbl clamp has 10 bolts, bbl inserts look like black delrin, 1.35 dia bbl
how much torque on the bolts? ( i ask as there was next to none when i took it apart)
what lubricant do i use on the sliding parts/points ?
thanks
You'll likely get all kinds of answers as far as torch on your block screws. I've had guys tell me to tighten the piss out of them and other say 40-50 ftlbs. But you need to go in a off set pattern when tighting. Like 1,3,5,7,9,2,4,6,8,10 and keep repeating that process til tight to the the desired torque. As far as lube goes PMA sells rain gun lube for your guides. It's super slick and takes just a drop. Having a rail gun will damn sure teach you how to read wind flags

It would be inch pounds, not foot pounds on the block, and clean and lube the threads. Tighten in a cris cross pattern. I use Ballistol for lube. Buy a can, split it with 10 of your friends and you'll still have a lifetime supply. Even enough to sprinkle a little on your spam sammich....

Last edited:
Come on Bob, try some on your sammich...Smallwood loves the stuff....he uses it for a ketchup substitute....and sometimes under arm pits....

Last edited:
so with the carbon removed from the neck area i have only .050 of bullet in the case and not touching the lands yet.
think it is going to get a new chamber

Back