What music are you listening to?

Steelstorm

What kind of music are you listening to?

For me, it's metal. Currently blasting Haiduk - Diabolica (blackened death metal).

I'm an old fart and still like 50's dowop and blues. Are you sure want to be on this site?

I'm an old fart and still like 50's dowop and blues. Are you sure want to be on this site?

my first radio was in 1957....so early rock and roll thru college. and exposure to big bands and swing from my parents.
not much use for heavy metal except as a lathe...
he has 2 posts and one aint about shooting.

Cool. If you have any 50's dewop or rock you guys recommend then I wanna check it out.

In a weird way, 50's and 60's music brings me some kind of nostalgia, even though I was born in the 90's haha.

A lot of it has a particular feel and warmth, a snapshot of time that can never be re-created again.

One of my grandsons is a Nuc. Engineer on the carrier USS Nimitz....they play this when they launch the FA18's. He says that with the exception of the reactor room where he works, the entire ship feels the launch system when it's "....tossin' 'em off".

The Nimitz left San Diego a couple of weeks ago and is now in the South China Sea. ;)

Another grandson is serving on the USS Asheville (SSN 758), a Los Angeles class fast attack sub based out of Guam. Current location unknown.

Good shootin' -Al

https://youtu.be/aLHkwiB5ZNk

Last edited:
One of my grandsons is a Nuc. Engineer on the carrier USS Nimitz....they play this when they launch the FA18's. He says that with the exception of the reactor room where he works, the entire ship feels the launch system when it's "....tossin' 'em off".

The Nimitz left San Diego a couple of weeks ago and is now in the South China Sea. ;)

Another grandson is serving on the USS Asheville (SSN 758), a Los Angeles class fast attack sub based out of Guam. Current location unknown.

Good shootin' -Al

https://youtu.be/aLHkwiB5ZNk

Thanks very much for your Grandson's service!

I'm an omnivour

when it comes to music. I like Blusey stuff and Real Country stuff, not the New Country stuff and I like the songs of John Prine and Tom Waits and a lot of stuff in between. There is a guy JJ Gray in Jacksonville who has a catchy local blues he does. Also Jacksonville's own Tedeschi Trucks Band and then there is Joe Monabossa.

Pete

Last edited:
I don’t know, Al. Stan Ware told us you like Metal Attic.

Yeah...we had a running battle over our music for years.

I did a lot of 'sorting out' of rifles that his customers brought in for work. If he wasn't sure of their handloading skills, I'd wring them out in his heated and a/c'd shooting building ('Stan's Shootin' Shack And Sweet Corn Stand' :D) before he'd release the gun to them. Finishing up one afternoon with a customers gun, I turned his preset station on his little radio from Classic Country to a metal rock station out of Okoboji, Iowa....cranked the volume up, locked the door and left for the 90 minute drive home. When Stan went out there the next morning you can imagine the phone call I got.

Two weeks later I was still laffin' my butt off about it when I picked him up and we headed East across I90 to Holmen, Wi. for an IBS tournament. Just before the Minnesota/Wi. border, Stan calmly opens my glove box and one by one just starts tossin' my CD's out the window! "I'm not crossin' the State line with any of this Metal Attic (Metallica) crap in here, Nyhus!" :eek::)

I took this at Porcupine, S.D. at the NBRSA Hunter Nationals. As they compared notes of their time in Viet Nam, it turned out that all three were within 10-15 miles of each other on the same date, at one point.

Roland Potter (lt), Stan Ware (c) Larry Cribbs (rt)

ARO6h4fl.jpg

This ones for you, partner....:cool:

https://youtu.be/7BYVUt2Ya3c

PBS this last weekend had programs on R&B, Soul, Big Band, Pop and Blues going back to the early to mid 40s. Funny thing is, I knew most of the words to all of the tunes. (just dated myself)

Rhythm And Blues

Cool. If you have any 50's dewop or rock you guys recommend then I wanna check it out.

In a weird way, 50's and 60's music brings me some kind of nostalgia, even though I was born in the 90's haha.

A lot of it has a particular feel and warmth, a snapshot of time that can never be re-created again.

Groups you should check out just to get a taste: Dells, Robins, Medallions, Moonglows, Drifters, Clovers, Flamingos, 5 Satins, Crows etc. There were single artists too like Chuck Berry, Fats Domino, Ray Charles and many more. Enjoy.

Al, I would have been helping your buddy empty the glove box!

Mort

What music are you listening to

Music is a personal preference, so it varies from person to person. However, some popular music genres include pop, rock, hip-hop, electronic dance music, classical, jazz, and many more.

I am a very passionate music person, with a special love for rock music. It can be said that rock is my passion, because it is the music that gives me the most interesting and attractive feeling.
When listening to rock music, Son feels like he is transported into another world, where music and melodies spread everywhere. I usually like to listen to classic rock music by famous bands like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, or Queen. The strong melody, the rock sound along with the vibrant lyrics, all make Son feel more excited and confident. Where do you usually listen to music, share it with me. And I often hear about the free mod apk app, see more here mod apk by getmodnow

Music

I am a very passionate music person, with a special love for rock music. It can be said that rock is my passion, because it is the music that gives me the most interesting and attractive feeling.
When listening to rock music, Son feels like he is transported into another world, where music and melodies spread everywhere. I usually like to listen to classic rock music by famous bands like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, or Queen. The strong melody, the rock sound along with the vibrant lyrics, all make Son feel more excited and confident. Where do you usually listen to music, share it with me. And I often hear about the free mod apk app, see more here mod apk by getmodnow

I have been listening to Steve ray Vaughn for the last week and love the DUDE Judist priest led zep and Ozzy are some of my favorites too like the old school 60/70 rockers too

Back