Well

I've been trying to get a small group together for a year now with very limited success. Most of my rifle shooting friends are "young" and into PRS, which seems to be the fastest growing sport for the younger crowd, at least when it comes to rifle shooting. I have a place to shoot out to 900 yards but mostly shoot 300 yards as that will get a few more prone shooters to come out (hunters with their 270's). I'm lucky to get 3 people interested in shooting F Class and I have one friend who enjoys BR shooting. He usually shoots with us from a bench while the rest shoot prone. But if I hang steel and set up some stages I have to literally run people off! F Class and BR is quickly becoming a venue for the "farting dustballs" geezer crowd, of which sadly I am one.

Last edited:
Yes PRS and steel shooting seems to pull young shooters, I’ve got a friend that shoots PRS and I’ve try to get to shoot F class with but he said it looks boring and a old man kinda shooting

I've shot a little PRS with the guys but just can't get into it. I like shooting prone and shooting for score. They shoot for hits and time. To each their own I guess. One thing I see is that you don't need a lot of space or formal target scoring setups for PRS. A few barrels, some scrap lumber, and you can set up a few stages. No concrete benches, no pits, just shoot! It's quite challenging but I just can't get as comfortable squatting and so forth as I did 30 years ago. I believe that F and BR will continue to be popular overseas, where firearm laws frown on rifles that are magazine fed but single shots are welcome, at least for now. I'm going out in a few minutes to set up my 600 yard target for tomorrow. Standard 600 F target with a taped 12 inch reactive center. I can see my hits quite well at that distance. Then I remove the center (taped on, not glued) and add up my score. It's all I can do but I enjoy it. ;)

are official F class matches just held at 600 and 1k I‘ve seen some non-sanctioned match held at 3 and 500
just trying to get some activity on this site

Back