Stonewall rifle and pistol club match

steve stanley

I rode across the mountain yesterday to the beautiful Shenandoah Valley to the Stonewall R&P club for a 300-200 yd score match . They use a different format that I wasn't sure how it would work but it turned out fine, no issues that I know of. They shoot IBS targets but they fire 2 record shots per bull for a possible 100-10x per target, you have 20 mins. to shoot the target, they shoot 2 targets for a match with a possible score of 200-20x. Sounds much more complicated than it is. The range is easily accessed from the I 81 corridor just 15-20 minutes from the interstate. They have a nice facility with 21 benches, the benches are wooden topped but very solid, nice clubhouse and good people. The match started at 9 with cool temps, mid 50s and a tail wind that came into the range from the left side mainly but it would swirl in the range area as it would bounce off the woods and surrounding hills to make it a quite challenging place to shoot, especially when you add in some moderate amount of mirage. We had 15 shooters that shot the match at 300 with Ben Brubaker winning the match with a fine 200 score, Steve Bradley was 2nd w a 197, Jason Owens was 3rd by creedmore w a 191-1x over Mac Coffman w 191-1x also for 4th, Chuck Boller was 5th w a 191 score. They moved the targets to 200 and we did it again, Ben Brubaker won the 200 as well with a199 score Chuck Boller was 2nd w a 196, Steve Stanley was 3rd w a 195, Larry Crabtree was 4th with a 194 over Mac Coffman with a 194 also for 5th. Needlessly to say Ben Brubaker won the grand also with a 399 score, Steve Bradley was 2nd with a 390 score and Chuck Boller was 3rd with a 387.They had soup and other munchies for everyone in the clubhouse after the match. Congrats to all that shot well and thanks to those that helped run the match and to all that came to shoot. It was a good match with good people, come on out and shoot with them next month on the 18th.

Back