spammers on the loooose

When I was first appointed a match referee by Wilbur, a friend told me, don't go looking for trouble, trouble will find you.

Except that it would likely not be made known that there was a mod or who it was. Nuisance posts would just go poof.

Not really following what you mean. A referee is to keep things in order without interjecting your personal bias against anyone. When you make a call, you make it known, you don't hide from it.

Not really following what you mean. A referee is to keep things in order without interjecting your personal bias against anyone. When you make a call, you make it known, you don't hide from it.

I wouldn't want to be a referee. I'd just want the power to remove spam. I don't see why anyone would want or need to know who the spam remover is; just that the spam was gone.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to be a referee. I'd just want the power to remove spam. I don't see why anyone would want or need to know who the spam remover is; just that the spam was gone.

antelope I'm here in support of you FWIW.... I've been a moderator 3 different times on this board, three different incarnations of "moderation" and "Super Moderation". I hear you. I never banned/modified/commented on any members post although it was asked of me, I felt that my role was simply to help Wilbur clean the board, anonymously if possible. That's all I wanted and it's all you want. Unfortunately there is a certain personality type here that makes the entire concept untenable.

It's not fair to Elmer, It's a form of insecurity I gave up fighting against.... and it'll be the death of this and all forums which allow it.

At least now we have a name for it..... "Trump Derangement Syndrome"

It's irrational

I just wanted to go on record in your support. Not because we agree, not because I'm "your friend", not because "we're on the same side"... I don't know you from Adam's off ox and don't ever remember that we've "agreed" or "disagreed" on subjects.

But that's immaterial.

Like you, I DON'T BELEVE IN sides

But recognize the problem, Elmer's a busy hombre and he's only keeping this old girl alive to honor TCC&BW

THANK YOU ELMER for providing a sandbox and Thank You antelopedundee for your contributions to this forum

btw, I've spent over 60yrs fighting off the humorless soul-sucking dullards, take it from one who knows.....YOU KNOW FUNNY ...... but in the end the Sgt Major Dickinsons and Lt Hauks will always outnumber the Adrian Cronauers.......

sorry.

Rock On, "Don't Let The Basterds Getcha' Down"

I'm not actively looking for a/the job as I'm not Webmaster quality for one I'd just volunteer to do it on a limited basis. Just spam bam thank you ma'am. That's it.

Might be one of the longer threads here.

Back