Sako 591 Deluxe 243

Stevep51d

Have a beautiful 591 I was shooting today and noticed that it seem to be shifting every couple of shots about 2 inches at 100.. I know this has the removable recoil lug and I was wondering if this could be causing the problem...I will change the scope this week and eliminate that. Is there a fix for the movable lug?

Have a beautiful 591 I was shooting today and noticed that it seem to be shifting every couple of shots about 2 inches at 100.. I know this has the removable recoil lug and I was wondering if this could be causing the problem...I will change the scope this week and eliminate that. Is there a fix for the movable lug?
A few year back, I purchased a Tikka SS T3 in .300WSM, which had the slotted receiver/lug-recess in stock, and lug simple "floating" . . . per the guarantee, it did shoot sub MOA (3-shot) groups - actually, with some left-over hand-loads, it was a hair under 3/4", average for three 5-shot groups. Upon confirming the [precision] potential, I took it back apart, drilled the stock, and glued in some pillars. Once the pillar epoxy had cured, enough walnut was removed to assure a decent epoxy-bed thickness, and 100% pillar support. Then, the receiver-ring and tang, were bedded, making certain to fill the action-slot , thus allowing the the epoxy (JB Weld) to replace the "lug" and become integral to the bedding. Upon curing, crazy as it sounds, and the installation of a Harrell's muzzle-brake, at 100 Yd., a 1/2" five-shot group, lobbing my 165 Gr. BT, at 3200 FPS, is a wreck. ;-) RG

Sako

Well I finally got out to shoot a little with this rifle and I'm getting 3/4 to one inch groups...I think with some tweaking I may be able to bring it a little closer.....Had to adjust the trigger into something that was usable and she responded well...

Back