Remington 6br brass

i looked ayt the container i have of the 7mm br cases.they are covered in a green coating and look in real bad shape.they were keap in the garage and i feel they are not worth your time.i see that peaterson produces the 6mm br case and they are about 70.00 dollars for 50 pcs.lapua are hard to beat but finding those are real hard at this time.it is said they will be avalabe next july.
gary

Did you ever find any Rem Brass. ?
I’m sure I used to have some, may still have some but don’t think I’d sell them. I have a few boxes of factory loaded ammo also.
I would ask why do you need them? You can use Lapua

A wild guess is that the OP has a, "old school" chamber. o_O At the DATUM point .200" ahead of the bolt-face, all of the original Remington 6mm/ & 7mm BR brass, which I have & have had, feature diameters between 0.4635 and 0.4640" (same for the Rem. ,308 UBR - small primer full length .308), while my stash of gold box LAPUA measures 0.469".
This latter is a, "little too tight" for the original .466-.467" BR chambers. Workarounds can be costly, time consuming, and may prove only, "somewhat useful". ;) RG

Last edited:
Yea it’s coming back to me now. I used to know this stuff. Rem .462. Lapua .469. .007 difference. I have never tried this but if you had an old school small base die from a .270 30/06. Ect. And you pulled the expander ball/ decaper out, cranked it down to your shell holder and lubed up a Lapua one and ran it in the die, I wonder what it would size the base too ? I found some old Rem 6BR primed, there is a small hole in the bag so I don’t know how many is in there. I don’t know I want to part with em. Just yet.sorry I tried to attach a pic. Keeps saying file too large.
I actually found all kinds of stuff while looking for them. I was like measuring this little round, what is this. A 22 ppc. I ain’t seen one in 30 years.

Last edited:
Three new factory box 0f 6BR Rem 100 grain core lock. Say right on the box not for 6BR. I definitely don’t want to part with em.
I don’t know why. I was always going to build a 700 1-10 twist sporter Rifle and never did. Built something else instead. I believe they were for the XP 100’s.

I think the first chamber I ever had for the 6BR late 80’s would have been the REM 6BR .262 NK .030 Freebore 14T. I used Lapua Brass. I have a Redding competition bushings die set and I used the body die to size the brass before I shot it and I never had a problem using Lapua. I would think you need to measure some fired case bases to what you need to size them to and that how I would do it.
First having a nostalgic, Historic, collectible
Rifle that you want to shoot. I can understand that I have a few collectible Rifles. Expect to pay collectible prices for nostalgic collectible components. I think I could get 100 bucks a box for the loaded ammo to either a Rem collector or XP100 collector. I’m just in no need to sell. Brings me back to my question why do you need them. If it is a nostalgic collectible Rifle and you want to shoot it size the Lapua brass to fit. If it’s not take to a smith and have the barrel set back and rechambered. Ok there I said what I was thinking.

Back