Redesigned JSB Monster?

Scrench

I'm currently using AA Diabolo Field 10.3 grain pellets in my .177 RAW TM 1000 S/N 0035 for HV. I don't know which barrel I have, but want to test JSB Monster's, although I see they come in the original design and a new "redesigned", which look considerably different. Has anyone performed any testing on the new version or is the old still the way to go? I should probably test both, but it would be a shame if the old is the better of the two, then JSB discontinues them. Are H&N's worth testing?

Thanks!
Scrench

With polygon barrel

In my testing I have found the new 13.4 monsters are not as acurate as the older bullet-shaped pellets. I believe the older style are still available, and as usual accuracy varies by lot.

You can check your barrel by (safely ;) ) looking down the bore to see if it is polygon or rifle grooves.

Hmmmm... two negative replies, so far this is not sounding good if JSB decides to stop making the originals.

we are hoping that JSB figures out why the new style in .177 does not work as well as the old style in our barrels
and when they do i'm sure they will make a better pellet

strever, I hope you are right, but it wouldn't be the first time a manufacturer has made a mistake like that. If what you guys are finding is fact, that the new ones are not as good, then we should all join together and start barraging JSB with emails to be SURE they know our opinion.

Original Style Monster Pellets

Directly from the JSB importer:
There’s no truth to the rumor that JSB is planning to discontinue manufacturing their original style monster pellets.

Back