Proposed new gun laws in Washington State

If you live in Washington you need to be aware that HB 2118 is an effort by the liberal representatives in the House to put as many FFLs out of business as possible.
It makes FFL operations so impossible to meet the requirements of the bill they would simply go out of business. It is estimated the cost to meet the security requirements will run somewhere between $50,000 and $100,000!!!!!!
There are 3000 FFLs in WA. most of which are small in home shops doing 'smithing, there is no exception for these operations.
Contact your Representatives now to block this bill. Log onto Youtube and enter Washington Gun Laws for all the details.

Steve Kostanich

PS these is another bill proposed that will require ALL firearm owners to have firearm liability insurance, can't remember the bill number right now.

please don't move. Fight like you're one of the last three chimpanzee's trying to get on Noah's Ark , and it's starting to rain. This was borrowed but still applicable. I hope for all of you, and the rest of us, that you win this battle , and ultimately the war that could eliminate our rights to poke holes in paper. Or make a chunk of metal go doink ping or, kersplat under regulatory duress

If you live in Washington you need to be aware that HB 2118 is an effort by the liberal representatives in the House to put as many FFLs out of business as possible.
It makes FFL operations so impossible to meet the requirements of the bill they would simply go out of business. It is estimated the cost to meet the security requirements will run somewhere between $50,000 and $100,000!!!!!!
There are 3000 FFLs in WA. most of which are small in home shops doing 'smithing, there is no exception for these operations.
Contact your Representatives now to block this bill. Log onto Youtube and enter Washington Gun Laws for all the details.

Steve Kostanich

PS these is another bill proposed that will require ALL firearm owners to have firearm liability insurance, can't remember the bill number right now.
I see the slippery slope here to making it so expensive to own a target or hunting rifle that we all will need to sell every rifle we own. Make no mistake, I am in favor of background checks to keep firearms out of the hands of repeat felons and the mentally ill. None of that need cost firearms owners or businesses, any more than a nominal fee. Just a prompt servicing to NICS checks with excellent sharing of information among State and Federal Agencies would be enough to make that work. But then remember, proper sharing among agencies could have prevented 911, so don't hold your breath on that idea.

Creating the need for all the expense that this bill requires is no more than an attempt to price business owners out of business, under the guise of "public safety."

By he way, all you need to type into your search engine is: Washington State HB 2118 and you will find the complete text of the bill. I confess, I did not read it all but just skimmed it. That was enough to see the real intent of the bill.

Back