On LT-30

Pete Wass

I am interested to hearing others experience with LT-30 in their 30 BR's. I used it most of the season in one of my rifles and Thought it performed very well.

Thanks,

Pete

P

I have not used it but i know several people that are using it with good results. I did pick up a few pounds the other week but haven't tried it yet. I still have pretty good stash of h4198.

I've had a couple of bbls that would shoot the lt30 as well as anything but most did not. Not bad...just not great either. So....ymmv

I shot LT -30 part of last year and this year, with great results. I still have about 7 lbs of H-4198 and I use it for NBRSA Nationals or large matches only. My 4198 load is 34.6, in order to get the same performance from LT-30, I have to load 35.2 grains. I only use Lapua brass as both Petersen and Alpha brass don’t have the internal capacity to handle either of those loads. I use the LT-30 for local club shoots and a few other small shoots.

Yep, i did something right for a change Pete, my son was ordering pistol powder several years ago and i threw 3 8lbers of 4198 in to fill out the hazmat charge😁

I shot LT -30 part of last year and this year, with great results. I still have about 7 lbs of H-4198 and I use it for NBRSA Nationals or large matches only. My 4198 load is 34.6, in order to get the same performance from LT-30, I have to load 35.2 grains. I only use Lapua brass as both Petersen and Alpha brass don’t have the internal capacity to handle either of those loads. I use the LT-30 for local club shoots and a few other small shoots.
Pretty close to my loads. I never crono anything but simply look for one bullet hole groups. Pretty hard to beat windflags, for me at least but the 35.2 load is a good one. I shot it in the last match I won.

Back