Montana 1000 yard Benchrest Club

R. Schatz

Some awesome performances turned in by several of the northwest Montana long range shooters;

Tom Mousel took everyone to school on score shooting with three 100's and a 97 along with some amazing groups

light gun; 5.787" -100
6.374" -97
Hvy gun; 4.156" -100
4.434" -100

Bruce Bangeman also earned himself a 100 score and two sub 5" groups, 4.227" and a 4.599".

Jack Peterson and Leo Anderson each layed down a sub 5" group also.
Jack-4.144"
Leo -4.958"

Did I mention that these are all 'TEN' shot groups?

There were also several 99's and 98's put up.

Congratulations to all

Wish I would have been there to witness the event.

Richard Schatz

Richard,

I've been told that conditions were really ugly. Rain, snow, wind, no wind, sometimes barely able to see the targets.
Gerry Geske told me that they had matches for 10 years before they had the first 100 score. Now, four in one weekend!
It must be those Dashers.....

Jay

p.s. I'll forward the match results to anybody interested, it is a Word document.

-
-
Outstanding shooting indeed !!! Congratulations to all !!!

Happy Shooting
Donovan Moran

Tesla - the results show 6Dasher's
-
-

Congratulations Tom!

Tom Mousel not only shot his first 100 score on Sat.at Deep Creek but also got his 2nd & 3rd on Sun. and was also elected Sec./Treas.of the Northwest Shooting Assoc.

Way to go Tom.

Gary.

Thanks to Richard Schatz for posting all our figures...I appreciate his attention to detail, and also wish he had been here...maybe another 100 for his books. We did have terrible weather...snow, rain, fog, sleet, lots of mud, but looks were deceiving, as we shot some of the best groups and scores ever at the range. As Richard said, Tom Mousel, 3rd year member,
shot three perfect 100 scores and Bruce Bangeman also shot a 100, his first perfect score. We had some amazing shooting, Duane Capehart had a 99 score and placed third....go figure!! Tom has taken over the duties as secretary/treasurer and I am sure he will do a great job...a really nice man - maybe if we load him up with enough work he'll get less practice time and even I could beat him (ha ha). Anyway great shooting guys and girls and lets look forward to April...who knows maybe our weather will be worse and scores better!!! Pat Capehart

Looks like the wind was whipping around pretty good that day also.....by looking at the results, I'm guessing around a catagory 3+.....:D:D:D

Great shooting.

Last edited:
Seeing scores like that gives me hope that one day I may be able to shoot under A FOOT!!!!

GREAT SHOOTING!!!!
vinny

Vinny

did you say under a foot or your foot. I know you can hit your foot. I know I can easily find my foot to shoot at- it's in my mouth most of the time. Did you go to the work weekend?

did you say under a foot or your foot. I know you can hit your foot. I know I can easily find my foot to shoot at- it's in my mouth most of the time. Did you go to the work weekend?

Hey Frank

Nice to hear from you, I probably should have written 12":D. I didn't attend the work party, too busy. I'll see ya at the first match.
vinny

hey mr. dasher, thanks for posting our results. tod, it was more like category 4.1+, haha, we only hope to get conditions this bad someday again:D. duane said it was some of the best shooting conditions he's ever seen, and that hasta be damn good.(duane yes that was an old guy joke)

pat got our website back up and running. mt1000yd.com

as i told leo the other night, i sure am glad he, scott, and cody busted their butts at the range for all those years, so i could come along and copy. i don't know of any other sport that your competition is willing to help like benchrest shooters do. both my guns even shoot leo's "SECTRET" load, not to mention his bedding jobs are as fine as anyone on the planet. it sure helps when your mentor is the best shooter in the world, of course i am bias as we have become friends these past 2 years. a huge thanks to leo for letting me shoot his dasher in 2007 and getting me hooked.

tom

Back