IR 50/50, The Primer

I have a question regarding the order that the different rifles and distances are shot at an IR 50/50 event. The reason I am asking is that at 76 years of age, my eyes go wonky and my body starts to rebel after a couple of hours or so at the range. My point is while I am unlikely to be able to shoot an entire IR 50/50 match, I would like to at least shoot Sporter at both distances and possibly 10.5.

So, do you shoot Sporter at both 50 yards and 50M, followed by 10.5 at 50Y and 50 M, followed by Heavy gun at both distances or do you shoot all three rifles at 50 Y before moving on to all three at Meters?
You are in luck. All IR 50/50 three gun matches start with the Sporter, then 10.5 lb and last is the 13.5 lb. Class. One target of each. Sometime there will be a double match and they are shot in the same order.
TKH

I have a question regarding the order that the different rifles and distances are shot at an IR 50/50 event. The reason I am asking is that at 76 years of age, my eyes go wonky and my body starts to rebel after a couple of hours or so at the range. My point is while I am unlikely to be able to shoot an entire IR 50/50 match, I would like to at least shoot Sporter at both distances and possibly 10.5.

So, do you shoot Sporter at both 50 yards and 50M, followed by 10.5 at 50Y and 50 M, followed by Heavy gun at both distances or do you shoot all three rifles at 50 Y before moving on to all three at Meters?
Slowshot,
Where you will be shooting they will be two 3 card matches. As Tony has listed, Sporter, 10.5, 13.5 will be the order and they will not be shooting yards and meters for club matches, club tournaments. They shoot yards for both matches. You don't have to shoot both matches if it's too much for you.
They also shoot the Washington State 3-Gun tournament and the Northwest 3-Gun regional tournament at that club. Those will be yards and meters and were held on a Saturday and Sunday this year. Contact the club for 2024 dates. Normally a club shoots yards one day and meters the next. That way you only have to move target frames once. Hope this helps!

Scott

Back