Book...Guide to riflescope repair

$2500 for a book on scope repair?????? For that price throw the scope in the trash and buy a new one. I couldn't resist. 😁

I was interest in looking at if it might be possible to "Fix" 6X scopes that no longer held a zero. It's tough to find anything about scope repair and not much published. No companies make light weight 6X scopes any longer and those who have claim they have no parts.

After watching a few YouTubes on the matter I suspect the problem resides in the erector tube swivel, vs the springs that support the erector tube. How to fix that would be the question. Because it's a small market, Prolly not worth anyone's while pursuing it, particularly folks 80 years old. The young man inside an 80 yo's head will scream " Hell Yes I can figure that out" but when reality interrupts him, well, other measures have to be taken.

Been trying to find one through the library No luck yet I want to disassemble a working scope and paint it to match a relic I would like it to work when I put it back together so I was looking for guidance Yea 2500 is crazy i could buy a handful of scopes and learn the hard way

Been trying to find one through the library No luck yet I want to disassemble a working scope and paint it to match a relic I would like it to work when I put it back together so I was looking for guidance Yea 2500 is crazy i could buy a handful of scopes and learn the hard way
There are a number of Youtubes to watch on people dismantling scopes and re-assembling them. Unfortunately many of them are not in Engrishm :)

Back