52D

jaberegg

Finally found a 52D I wanted. Has the International sights. Got the Lee Shaver inserts for the front. Now my question, what do ya'all use for the rear sight insert and who do you use for the firing pin spring. Thanks.

Jeff Aberegg

You could get a Merit sight disk/cup ( peep hole size adj.) for the rear if those are still made. ( dating myself) I do not know what is out there that is more current and has the correct threads, been out of the loop to long. E bay might be a good source for the aperture disk. Might try Homestead Parts they list the firing pin spring as new $8.00, they have a web sight.

Last edited:
The springs are available from several sources, but what I found, they are for the reproduction 52’s made in Japan. They will work, but are longer and you will need to trim them. Just make it the same number of coils and grind the ends square.

Jeff, as I recall you can still get a rear, Lyman, etc, with a rotating disk with different apertures like the original Stevens target sights.

P.S. Still have the .225 HW

Jeff, as I recall you can still get a rear, Lyman, etc, with a rotating disk with different apertures like the original Stevens target sights.

P.S. Still have the .225 HW
Yes I do pulled it out of the safe a while back to look at it.

Jeff Aberegg

Back