.280 ai

Rick A.

Project:
Long story short.....I had a .280 Rem in a Ruger 77, 80's vintage, stolen then had another built off a Remington action by Harry McGowen....never shot well so in or around 2003 a redo with Shilen select match in a #5 with my own reamer....Way to heavy and never used it so now it sports a new (brand new) #1 taper Preferred barrel in a 8 twist .280 AI w/ carbon fiber ultra lite stock fully equipped just 8.1# was targeted for 7# somethin.........kind-a-of a sheep rifle but may never use...time will tell.

With the flavor of today plus new to the AI my reloading components and availability for my large calibers are slim to none....have 140 gr bullets but not much else, no powder to speak of for that cartridge except (limited very little) H-4350, H4831SS and the new Endron 4955 so has anyone used this new Endron and had good results?? This Endron 4955 falls close to the H & IMR 4831 which were my man powders so I am looking at that for it is available...

Any thoughts and recommendations...

Thanks

Rick

I shoot Nosler 140 gr Accubonds in my .280 imp with a healthy dose of IMR-4831 and Fed 215 for 3132 fps.

Longest one shot kill was 420 yards on a Wyoming mule deer. Never forget that hunt. There were elk, antelope and mule deer on the same mountain side. At the shot the mule deer tipped over and the elk ran toward me.

Back