What thing(s) you do not like on the seb rest?

Gentlemen,
I need your inputs. Please be very honest here....What thing(s) you do NOT like on my rest / products? etc.
I have so many positive feedbacks, so far (I have for hundreds, I believe). What I need to know now is, the "bad" thing(s) on my rest (etc)...that you do not like....anything.
Again, please be very honest to me. I am open to critisms and will always stand behind my products.
Thanks you, seb.:)

PS: I might probably ask STUPID thing here, but I am gathering inputs for my new rest.

Seb Rest

The only thing have changed is that I have added a counter balance weight to the stub opposite the handle. It seemed to smooth the movement a little bit. It was already very smooth.
Kenny

I like mine

I especially like that I can reverse it. I cant get used to the way the farley's work. I did add a set of those tension screws that your man in Ohio offered at one time. That made it even smoother. I also added the counterweight

Seb

I would like to be able to adjust the tension without using a tool. Maybe a couple of small knobs on two of the four tension screws.

Cheers

I just can't get a smooth movement unless I take off all the Tension and let it fall everytime I take my hand of the joystick. I tried to follow your adjustment sheet, but it's just too sensitive and tricky to adjust.

First rate materials and workmanship, but without an easier way to adjust the balance between good support and smoothness, I'm back to using my 9 year old Farley.

Love everything else about it................::rolleyes:
Don

What Francis said

I tried early on to buy one directly . My bank refused to send money to that country so that was all I needed to know.

Seb ..

Sand bags leak fine sand...need better sealing at the stitchings..

I had the same problem with my front bag. I epoxied the holes along the stitcing. Also, I completely stitched up one side and made the opening smaller on the opposite end by stitching that too. Hope this helps with future improvements. :)

Francis: :(

Pete ...

I tried early on to buy one directly . My bank refused to send money to that country so that was all I needed to know.

And some wonder why the banking industry is in the toilet these days. They either can't or won't serve the customer. In this case it sounds like they just outright refused to serve a customer. Was it Citi ??? :(

The only thing have changed is that I have added a counter balance weight to the stub opposite the handle. It seemed to smooth the movement a little bit. It was already very smooth.
Kenny

Thanks, kkuperman.:)
I am glad that I was right on the counter balance weight. I find it makes the movement more smoother also.
seb.

I especially like that I can reverse it. I cant get used to the way the farley's work. I did add a set of those tension screws that your man in Ohio offered at one time. That made it even smoother. I also added the counterweight

Thanks, Jerry.:)
Btw, from who did you get your counterweight? do you make yourself?
seb.

Thanks, Jerry.:)
Btw, from who did you get your counterweight? do you make yourself?
I ask this because I still didn't make the BWS in mass.
seb.

Seb

I would like to be able to adjust the tension without using a tool. Maybe a couple of small knobs on two of the four tension screws.

Cheers

Thanks, AI.:)
I am not sure if adjusting the tension can be done without using a tool (at least we need spanner/allen wrench), but I will try to find other way/detail...
On my newer production rests (2008), there is a small "jam screw" at 6 o'clock position under the "front" bearing that you can adjust with ease/easier than adjusting the 4 tension screws.
Do your rest have it?
seb.

I just can't get a smooth movement unless I take off all the Tension and let it fall everytime I take my hand of the joystick. I tried to follow your adjustment sheet, but it's just too sensitive and tricky to adjust.

First rate materials and workmanship, but without an easier way to adjust the balance between good support and smoothness, I'm back to using my 9 year old Farley.

Love everything else about it................::rolleyes:
Don

Thanks for the inputs, Don.:)
How about to send your coaxial unit to me? I will inspect yours myself and I promise to replace yours with a new one if I find a defect or so with your rest. I will pay the return shipping also (shipping cost from Indonesia to your address).
seb.

Last edited:
Back