What are you using for jeweling / engine turning

RoyB

I've tried small stainless steel brushes with grinding compound. I have the brownells device that uses Cratex sticks. I've use a simple pencil with an eraser and grinding compound. They all work OKish..........But not great.

What are you folks using?

I use the little steel brushes with 120 grit compound and cutting oil... make a thick paste and brush it on the work for each 'pass' ...

I've done it well with a little steel brush with some heat-shrink tube over it and 400 grit lapping compound. What's important is having a good jig and a well-polished bolt prior to starting.

I've used the little steel brush, too................

but I took some fine copper wire and wrapped it tightly around the bristles to keep them from spreading; It allows you to put more pressure on the brush. You have to try it in an inconspicuous place to get the pressure you like.

I just realized that the RCBS primer pocket brushes might be the ideal tool for this............

I used the small RCBS primer pocket cleaning brush in the milling machine with a bit of 800 grit compound and it came out beautiful! The brush stood up to the abuse very well. Still looks like new.

Back