Red/White and Blue

Jay Young

Had the opportunity to take a picture of 3 rails that were finished at the same time in red white and blue.

Attachments

• IMG_0249.JPG
    IMG_0249.JPG
    945.7 KB · Views: 1,219
Last edited:
Young Rails

Jay, Very nice looking new rails. I like the machined integrated bottom barrel mount. I'm glad to see that you are back to installing machined aluminum handles on your rail. I love my new rail. It shoots better than I do. I wish there were more events I could shoot my rail besides the IBS and NBRSA Nationals. Someday, I would like to replace the plastic handles with machined aluminum ones.

Thanks, Bob H.

Jay, Very nice looking new rails. I like the machined integrated bottom barrel mount. I'm glad to see that you are back to installing machined aluminum handles on your rail. I love my new rail. It shoots better than I do. I wish there were more events I could shoot my rail besides the IBS and NBRSA Nationals. Someday, I would like to replace the plastic handles with machined aluminum ones.

Thanks, Bob H.

Hello Bob, I do rails with both aluminum and plastic handles depending on what I have or at the customers request, I consider the plastic ones better since to me they are more comfortable and they are built nice.
However I am going to redo my handle fixture and make the aluminum ones with the same bolt pattern as the plastic ones they are .050 difference that way if someone wanted some they could get a replacement. I also may make the new aluminum ones with the same finger pattern as the plastic ones and just use them exclusively.
Thanks Bob......J

Attachments

• DSCN4173.jpg
    DSCN4173.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 643
  • DSCN4574.jpg
    DSCN4574.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 617
rail top handle

J

I like your custom made handle better than the black plastic one. However because the tops are so heavy the handle is uncomfortable. I sometimes look for something to do in the shop and I like to work with wood. So I made an add on to your handle. For the most part I just made it a bit fatter in width and round on the inside where your hand/fingers take most of the weight. It is much more comfortable to carry; but the top is still heavy and even more important it still shoots great. For mine I added some dark red rings to match the red Rail.

Gary

Attachments

• DSC00728.JPG
    DSC00728.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 703
  • DSC00727.jpg
    DSC00727.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 809
J

I like your custom made handle better than the black plastic one. However because the tops are so heavy the handle is uncomfortable. I sometimes look for something to do in the shop and I like to work with wood. So I made an add on to your handle. For the most part I just made it a bit fatter in width and round on the inside where your hand/fingers take most of the weight. It is much more comfortable to carry; but the top is still heavy and even more important it still shoots great. For mine I added some dark red rings to match the red Rail.

Gary

Careful Gary you may be getting a flood of e-mails to make more of those, That looks good and I bet they are comfortable, I am going to change my handles to be more comfortable since these top have got a little heavier...J

Last edited:
Back