2008 IBS 1000 Yard Nationals

Tom Sarver

Shooters,

We will shoot STARTING on Saturday at 9:00 pm sharp unless fog or somehitng else happens to delay us. We will shoot LG HG LG on Saturday.
We plan on shooting till 7:00 pm. so if we have time to shoot another HG we will. Mile target shooters will have their own two benches so not to slow anything down. So bring extra ammo for that if you want to particpate.
Cost for mile shoot which is a TWO target agg. will be $25.00 and $10.00 for any additional target. Bruce Baer is chomping at the bit!
We hope to finish up on Sunday at a reasonable time so you guys can get back on the road.
Friday and Saturday night we will be having a camp fire for anyone who wants to stay and challendge Danny Brooks to a drinking contest. I don't want to have to take on that by myself and make him look bad. He beat me last time but this time after all the work prepairing this match I think I can do it.
Prizes are looking good including the MUD tires and a set of car tires also. Lots of scopes and actions and such. All the normal things we give away at a Nationals.

See you soon.
Thunder Valley

I just found out that there is a very good chance that I may be able to get to Ohio for the matches. The problem....only 1 gun and 200 brass. If I show up with everything loaded, I will still be short, as I would like to do some practicing. And of course I plan on winning every relay!!:D :D Is there any way to do any loading at the matches, or does everyone bring 6 guns and a half million rounds of loaded ammo. I supose I could figure out a way to un-bolt my stuff from my reloading room and take it with me, but is there any place to set it up?

Thanks,
Tod

Tod --

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The IBS Nationals at Ohio is a "3 target aggregate" format (no shoot-off's).

- 15 shots total for record on 3 targets for LT
- 30 shots total for record on 3 targets for HV

The NBRSA Nationals at Byers is a "6 target aggregate" format (no shoot-off's).

- 30 shots total for record on 6 targets for LT
- 60 shots total for record on 6 targets for HV

Good Luck....and have fun!!!

Donovan Moran

Last edited:
Ok. Thanks Donovan!!! Looks like I asked another dumb rookie question.

Lets see.....6 groups.......2500 miles.......55.56 miles driven per record shot......I AM IN!!!:D:D

Last edited:
Shooters,

Got a few e-mails from shooters tonight confused about the dates for the Nationals.

Friday is the PRACTICE day and we will start shooting on Saturday and finish on Sunday. Monday is rain date make-up.

Thanks,
Tom

Shooters,

Yes, food is available Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Coffee and donuts and maybe more in the morning. Food will be served all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Tom

Shooters,

Mile target shooters will have their own two benches so not to slow anything down. So bring extra ammo for that if you want to particpate.
Cost for mile shoot which is a TWO target agg. will be $25.00 and $10.00 for any additional target. Bruce Baer is chomping at the bit!

See you soon.
Thunder Valley

Is this a true mile, as in 1760, or just kinda close???

Just wondering,
Tod

Almost a mile...

Is 1700 yards plus close enough? We are moving it over and back this Sunday as far as we can. If not for there being shooters in the way, we could shoot WAY over a mile. That's for our ground hog and tactical shooters for now.
I always like the guys who point out it's not a true mile but can't come close to hitting it anyway or have never tried. That's why we call it "The Almost a Mile Target".

Tom

I can vouch for the "Almost a Mile Shoot" being every bit as much fun as you can have shooting. And this is from one of the guys who had 0 on when I was there.

I can say however, that I did give it a try!

If you do manage to hit the target and shoot a good group, even though it's not a mile, folks will be plenty impressed. For that matter, some might be impressed if you hit the target.

Back