Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorting 22lr bulk ammo for accuracy... somthing to think about

Read the post before joining a pecking party.

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    still perty funny to see some dude measuring "thickness" that way...... that said, I guess "thickness" was exhibited

From the original post: If you are like most, you have a fairly accurate factory 22lr (rifle or pistol) and you are trying to eliminate fliers in bulk ammo such as CCI, Winchester, etc. the best single measurement you can make to sort this ammo is RIM DIAMETER...

Quote Originally Posted by davejones View Post
    From the original post: If you are like most, you have a fairly accurate factory 22lr (rifle or pistol) and you are trying to eliminate fliers in bulk ammo such as CCI, Winchester, etc. the best single measurement you can make to sort this ammo is RIM DIAMETER...
    Well Said DAVE!!!

I stand corrected, apologetic and dripping crow feathers.

THANK YOU!

al

crawls back under his rock, chastened and subdued

I canít post pictures of the rim thickness gauges we sell but I can tell you that we can see the difference between thicknesses on target and this is with a factory rimfire rifle. So thickness matters. Iím wondering now is diameter changes the thickness in the chamber of the rifle by causing the outer diameter to ride a little higher in the chamber. Interesting stuff. Iíve never measured variations in diameterÖÖ.something else to worry about.