Thread: Weaver competition XR scope question

Weaver competition XR scope question

I was wandering if the turrets on the XR scopes are marked the same as the T36 (0-4&back down to O) or if they go 0-7 or 8 like other scopes? If they do would the turrents work on the T36?

A total of 9 min. 0-4.5 each way and they come the same as the 36 with 2 sets of knobs ………. jim

Anybody know the weight of the new 46x weaver scope.
    TIA

I found it to weigh 23 oz. on my scale, i was told 22 when i ask. It does shoot good and is clear and bright……….. jim

I bought a Weaver XR, and have it on my LV. The scope without lens caps weighs 24.0 ozs on my digital postal scale. Might not be the best scope for a fiberglass stocked rifle, but has good possibilities for the carbon fiber stocked rifle. The barrel on my LV is 21.5", and complete rifle at the firing line weighs in at 10lbs 7.1 ozs. BTW, the sight picture is sharp and clear. A great scope at about $800!

Ok, it weighed 23.5 OZ. on a certified scale…….. LOL…. jim

hardrock,

Why do you say it might not be the best for a fiberglass stocked rifle? I have the McMillan Edge LV and am looking to go to a lighter scope to make weight.

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravo View Post
    hardrock,

Why do you say it might not be the best for a fiberglass stocked rifle? I have the McMillan Edge LV and am looking to go to a lighter scope to make weight.

Dennis
    because that is heavy

OK, Dusty, 'splain yourself to this dense dude. I'm confused donchaknow.

Dennis

a scope thats 4 oz heavier equates to a shorter barrel. most fiberglass stocked guns are barely making weight where a carbon composite stock is lighter so you can make weight with the same barrel as you would on a fiberglass rifle with say a leupold or weaver 36x

The new Weaver is 3.1 oz heaver than a 45 power Leupold comp…….. jim

Okay, so it's just a weight thing. I was worried that it was something bad in one stock versus the other. I have the Sightron 10-50 and it's a tank! 31 ounces, so either the Weaver or Leupy would work for me. My gun right now is 10.59 pounds; only need a little dieting to get to LV weight.

Thanks for the education!

Dennis

Dennis, You will like the Weaver longer eye relief, brighter,clear as or better than most. Moves and shoots well but the clicks to me are softer than a March or NF. ……… jim

It'd be interesting to know what kind of gun he's building. Barrel length is not all that critical on most br rifles, as exemplified by the many great shooting LV ppc's with barrels in the 20-21" range. IMO, it's even less critical on the small 30's, most of which are shot in score matches where the only reason to build a 10.5 lb gun is for the separate records. Most all of those guns are 13.5lb HV guns and the Weaver would be much lighter than the popular NF BR series that is most popular on those guns, around here. It's pretty easy to build a 13.5lb rifle with a 23"hv barrel and a nightforce that weighs almost a full pound more than the Weaver. I'm not disagreeing with anyone. It's just that many of the posts with such concern about barrel weight/length may be mostly irrelevant until we know what he's building or shooting.

All i was saying is that its easy to build a gun around a scope but if hes got a lv gun right now and slaps a new weaver on there its gonna be heavy