Thread: 6 mm ppc velocity

6 mm ppc velocity

sirs,
    I read about some fast v out of a 6 ppc years ago.the man was using different makes of brass .some loads were up to 3400 fps now my ? is given lapua brass and match bullets uncoated how fast are you driven your guns?
    I am thinking that the case would fail if these loads were used after say 3 or 4 firings.
    gary b

6mm ppc velocity

A lot of shooters are loading or the day. They start at a given load and work it up and down for conditions. Others just shoot a proven load.
    Some like lower velocity's and others like to push them.
    Some shoot so hot about 3400 + that the cases loose their primer pockets after a few shots.
    I see a lot of shooters shooting in the mid range velocity's like 3,300 to 3,350 Mine are less about 150 ft or so.
    I just shoot for the accurate load my rifle likes and leave it alone .

Some shooters fireform there cases up to 3 times before they even use it for comp. If the ppc is going to be used for varment shooting a 58gr V max bullet will have no problem going over 3.500 fps. In comp, I use 12 cases per gun and shoot them about maybe 10 or 12 times each, and then i save them for my varment hunting guns, some of those cases have ben loaded over 25 times.

Gabe

Lou

Looks like Lou pulled his post!

Guessing he thought it not wise to post velocities he has shot!!!!

Gary,
    Gotta have great die to chamber match.

I must be old fashioned.
    I do not see the need to use loads that abuse the equipment. Yes, I know shooters who have used up to 31.0+ grains of Vit in the search for wind beating 3450 fps loads. They also throw the shells away after very few shots, and wrestle with the bolt.
    I use loads that give me somewhere in the 3320 to 3350 fps zone and the cases seem to last OK, and the bolt opens without a grunt.
    I can achieve these velocities using a 67gn BT and powders like Vit 133, Benchmark, and AR 2219 which you folks know as H322.
    Works for me.

Brendan Atkinson

6mm ppc for varmint

i see that with most powders 27.5 to 28.5 is the norm in n133 322 and the like'

?????? i'll take the flack..but an open reply to SEVEN YEAR OLD THREAD.... that is a comment not an answer ???

Quote Originally Posted by g n brezinski View Post
    i see that with most powders 27.5 to 28.5 is the norm in n133 322 and the like'

HHRrooommmmm, it may well be that Mr brezinski is a Huorn, or an Ent or another of The Elder Races so don't go all racis' on him just because you're haasssssty in speech and thought