Thread: RCBS Press Mods for Bullet Making

RCBS Press Mods for Bullet Making

I'd like to get a RCBS press setup for making BR bullets. I have a set of dies on order from George Ulrich and would like to set to work on making this press ready to swage bullets. I've seen pictures but from what I understand the ram requires machining as well as the plates on top and bottom of the press.

I was hoping to also locate someone who would make a ram for my old press as it's a model RC and I'd like to be able to restore it when it's done making bullets.

So sure hope I can gather up this information and I truly appreciate those folks who contribute to my quest.

Lee

Press mods

Quote Originally Posted by cruisor View Post
    I'd like to get a RCBS press setup for making BR bullets. I have a set of dies on order from George Ulrich and would like to set to work on making this press ready to swage bullets. I've seen pictures but from what I understand the ram requires machining as well as the plates on top and bottom of the press.

I was hoping to also locate someone who would make a ram for my old press as it's a model RC and I'd like to be able to restore it when it's done making bullets.

So sure hope I can gather up this information and I truly appreciate those folks who contribute to my quest.

Lee
    Did you talk with George about getting his kit to modify a Lee Classic Cast press? Iíve got 5 of them from him. Super easy and no machining necessary. I made a plate to mount my presses about 20 degrees from horizontal, the Lee handle is indexable so your still working the handle up and down for leverage. This allows me to point up by placing the jacket inside the die and not having to hold it in the punch. I go years without dinging a BT punch!

If you have dies on order with George, see if he'll set you up with his converted Lee Classic Cast presses. I have 5 of them from George and they're outstanding.

-Lee
    www.singleactions.com

Lee, which core cutter are you using? Thank You

I'm using a homemade core cutter (shown at the far right of the above photo).

-Lee
    www.singleactions.com

I can see it's on the far right, I didn't recognize which kind it is, that's why I asked. looks cool, thank you.