Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: West Texas Rail Gun

[QUOTE=Skip 1032ax;849975]Glenn,
    You hit the nail on the head. Before the last round of world problems I was an active dealer/mfg and FFL holder, as many of you probably are or were. As a mfg the supplies began to dry up until there was nothing but backorders. My major distributors went bankrupt, sold out, and etc. I know many are just getting by trying to stay in business. Power to them. It takes deep pockets to stay the course. When the customer base dries up you have to make some changes. I plan to take the rail out to the range, fire ONE shot on the benchrest target, have a quite moment with the rail, it must understand that its job is to put all the shots in One hole. Best ever, Skip[/QUOTE

Skip ,let me know when you put up them one hole groups, I can help with posting the pictures

Glenn

Gas

Quote Originally Posted by CYanchycki View Post
    My line to people who come in the store asking for ammo or reloading components is exactly the same thing even though we are in Canada. The issue started about 14 years ago with an election in the US. People say what did that have to do with it then I explain it to them. The sad part is we have powder made in our own country but it cannot be sold to us. It is shipped to the US and then we have to buy it back. Makes a lot of sense does it not? We know for a fact that US based companies fill US orders before Canadian. Be nice if the powder that is manufactured up here was that way. We ha e a shot shell manufacturer 35 miles down the highway and he is even struggling to get the powder he used to from these Canadian manufacturers. It goes south first. Just my rant on powder.

With the current state in the world, and fuel prices in Canada, things are not going to get better if ever. I worry about the world that my daughter is going to have to live in. Curious what fuel is stateside. In Vancouver it has hit 2.00 per liter. 4.54 liters in our gallon. Do the math......over 9.00 per gallon and we have TONS of oil up here. AUGHHHHHHH
    https://autos.yahoo.com/u-gas-prices...c_src=yahooapp

We’re not far behind you Calvin. Texas,the biggest Oil producing State in the US. ArrrrrrH.

Glenn

Rail Gun

Hey Skip, any new updates on the new Rail Gun? It’s been so windy here,its sometimes hard to keep your hat on.

Glenn

West Texas Rail Gun

Glenn,
    Wish I could say there were many one hole groups. The weather has been warm and then cold and ugly. This old soul doesn't do cold well at all. The wife took a fall a few weeks back and broke things real good. We are house bound now for a while taking care of her. Our oldest daughter has been here helping Mom along and keeping me out of trouble. Now , how are you guys doing. How is the target work coming along. I am going to try to get a few rounds reloaded for the 6 mm B.R. and maybe a few rounds for a new 243 Win. I have just finished. The 243 is a sporter med.wt. so it could work on the coyote or prairie dog. I do have a .223 Rem. barrel job coming up if I can get a Shilen #9 twist blank. This customer is a regular that I've worked a few jobs in, so we want to get everything right on. Best ever Skip

West Texas Rail Gun

Hey Skip. Sorry to hear about the Misses accident. Here’s wishing her a speedy recovery. One thing I’ve learned about getting old,…It doesn’t get any better. We’ve had some pretty crappy weather down here. Most are waiting for better days to get in some serious range time. Ive got lots of bullets I need to shoot before I sleep.
    Looks like the machine shop work will keep you busy until things get back on track. Take care.

Glenn