Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Testing ammo at test centers.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelio View Post
    I don't blame Luke for quitting that job, I have been at the Mesa test center, and it is the most boring job that I can think of. Once you mount the rifle in the fixture, all you do from then on, is open bolt, load round, close bolt, pull trigger, and look at the computer screen. You do this most of the time over 200 rounds per rifle in about 2 hours, and the bad part is that sometimes you don't find a good lot. Most boring job I ever seen.
    Same thing with the KSS Eley test center.
    I don't see how they can keep the same person employed for a long time doing the same simple thing every day over and over. If they had two or three guys taking turns every couple of days, it may work.
    Evelio.
    Maybe they don't offer other competences during the day.
    Here, in Europe, all range test officers are the same for at least 6 years.
    Don't remember at Eley, but RWS and Lapua only test during the morning. So, officers should have different roles after lunch.

Forgot to say, at Eley and RWS it's the shooter that operates the rifle, after a quick training on the procedures. Not at Lapua, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jim1K View Post
    Sad to hear that the test site is closing down and Luke is moving on. Had a good test with a lot of different lots. I have a different out look on what will happen when the gun goes back in the stock and is shot off the bench. A proven fact that a rifle will shoot better than it does in a jig with the same lot of ammo. It dates back to the M14's that were test in a tunnel with same lot of ammo a man could shoot smaller groups.... Jim
    Lapua’s Marango test site is NOT closing. Albeit no testing can occur until Luke is replaced.
    Bet Capstone interviews a few people next week.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroS View Post
    Maybe they don't offer other competences during the day.
    Here, in Europe, all range test officers are the same for at least 6 years.
    Don't remember at Eley, but RWS and Lapua only test during the morning. So, officers should have different roles after lunch.

Forgot to say, at Eley and RWS it's the shooter that operates the rifle, after a quick training on the procedures. Not at Lapua, though.
    Pedro,
    They schedule two full tests a day AM & PM so it is pretty much full day with some customer service thrown in, usually all day Fridays.
    I get the impression, here, the facilities might be a bit more modest operations.