Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vudoo Single Shot Update

I think last time I looked he had Penrod listed on the equipment list as gunsmith. Maybe Mark has some information you may be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by stiller View Post
    I think last time I looked he had Penrod listed on the equipment list as gunsmith. Maybe Mark has some information you may be interested in.
    Good idea, maybe we can ask Mark to tell us what, if anything, he did to the Vudoo.

I know many are reluctant to post on the forums but it really is the second best way to help fellow shooters. Face to face is the best but not always possible.

TKH

Cliff built the the gun his self, It is a Benchmark 2 groove reverse taper barrel that he had. He put a Lidgard stock on it. The Vudoo has a standard firing pin and a Flavio trigger I do not if it is a Remington style or a 90 degree sear.

Quote Originally Posted by EAL View Post
    Cliff built the the gun his self, It is a Benchmark 2 groove reverse taper barrel that he had. He put a Lidgard stock on it. The Vudoo has a standard firing pin and a Flavio trigger I do not if it is a Remington style or a 90 degree sear.
    EAL,

Thanks for the info. I thought it was a Benchmark. There have been some rally good ones over the years.

Can you clarify what you mean by "standard firing pin". The three most popular styles now are the round pin, the chisel pin, and the latest, the cresent pin.

I'm guessing you mean he isn't using the cresent pin.

Thanks again for the info.

TKH

I think it is the standard chisel pin.

Quote Originally Posted by tonykharper View Post
    EAL,

Thanks for the info. I thought it was a Benchmark. There have been some rally good ones over the years.

Can you clarify what you mean by "standard firing pin". The three most popular styles now are the round pin, the chisel pin, and the latest, the cresent pin.

I'm guessing you mean he isn't using the cresent pin.

Thanks again for the info.

TKH
    I heard he replaced the striker pin in the firing pin with one like the 2500X
    Evelio.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelio View Post
    I heard he replaced the striker pin in the firing pin with one like the 2500X
    Evelio.
    On any of the few you’ve built, any pin tip changes or all OEM ? Seems like whatever benefit it may or may not have, getting it driven properly seems more of a challenge than typical chisel tip.

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    On any of the few you’ve built, any pin tip changes or all OEM ? Seems like whatever benefit it may or may not have, getting it driven properly seems more of a challenge than typical chisel tip.
    All the ones that I build have the crescent style pin. In my personal opinion the large impact area of the present crescent pin configuration is the reason for the FTF and possibly an inconsistent ignition.?????
    Evelio.

From talking with several people who shoot the VoDoo with the crescent firing pin, they all seem to think there is a slight advantage when everything is perfect. The problem is it seems to require a lot of work to keep it right over the standard shape firing pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelio View Post
    All the ones that I build have the crescent style pin. In my personal opinion the large impact area of the present crescent pin configuration is the reason for the FTF and possibly an inconsistent ignition.?????
    Evelio.
    I hear that. While there seems “ some” opinions that indicate advantage, however minimal, I wonder if it is worth the trade off required to drive the damn thing properly ?