Thread: Dave Tooley

Dave Tooley

Dave posted this over on the other forum and I thought it was so well said that I'm dragging it over here

Dave, if you don't like me riding your wake (Spreading your wake?....passing on your wake?? ....a'spressing your wakeness"??) lemme' know and I'll wipe it flat.

It takes time for brass to work harden at a larger diameter. That's why chamber clearance vs brass diameter and FL die vs fired brass dimensions are important. I have brass that has well over 50 firings and will function in multiple chambers. It's all in the details.

'Dave Tooley' from 6mmbr.com

As per normal, Dave's advice is dead-nuts on. -Al

"It's all in the details."

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    Dave posted this over on the other forum and I thought it was so well said that I'm dragging it over here

Dave, if you don't like me riding your wake (Spreading your wake?....passing on your wake?? ....a'spressing your wakeness"??) lemme' know and I'll wipe it flat.

It takes time for brass to work harden at a larger diameter. That's why chamber clearance vs brass diameter and FL die vs fired brass dimensions are important. I have brass that has well over 50 firings and will function in multiple chambers. It's all in the details.

'Dave Tooley' from 6mmbr.com
    Admiring my posterior are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tooley View Post
    Admiring my posterior are we?
    No, no.... nuthing like that.... tellin' ya "you got a perty mouth..."

Had an opportunity to visit with Dave and a friend 2 or 3 weeks ago. Dave was headed to the hill country for a visit. Our visit was too short.