Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steady rest

Sent one back to you with the attachment document let me know if you did not get it?

Quote Originally Posted by alinwa View Post
    Picture if you will having TWO barrels..... and a coupler.

I spent a few months toying with barrel nuts. In the process I inside-threaded a buncha' hunks which can be used as couplers for butt joins. I now have "Extenders" or "adapters" made from castoff barrels, 12L14, hunks of pipe etc, whatever's to hand..... of every size and pitch such that I can quickly and easily lengthen a barrel from either end whether butt joins, 5/8-24 muzzle brake joins ....... I just make them as needed. I've even got couplers for Ezell tuner threads, both sizes.

Ain't NO BARREL too short when you can couple on an extension
    It's been done a long time. First I did it was to get an XP barrel to crown it. Recently It was to set back a short barrel, that was threaded for a tuner. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis.J View Post
    Sent one back to you with the attachment document let me know if you did not get it?
    Can you send it again ? could not find it . Thanks

I just found one request in my spam box and copy just went out to that address and it might have been yours. Let me know if you receive it in good order.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis.J View Post
    I just found one request in my spam box and copy just went out to that address and it might have been yours. Let me know if you receive it in good order.
    Yes I got it , Thanks .

If anyone else has made a request and has not received it yet please let me know via email. Not knowing who is who by name has been a bit confusing but I think I have now sent them all out.
    The document contains 131 pages of what I feel to be valuable information along with several pictures.
    Last edited by Louis.J; 04-22-2021 at 12:47 PM.

Send a Message

I posted this several years ago on the advanced machine forum on Accurate Shooter. It is a "sticky" on top of the advanced machining forum.
    Last edited by Butch Lambert; 04-23-2021 at 09:17 AM.

Butch couldn't find it could you please post the link to get to it. Appears to still have allot of interest and I have already sent out seven requests. But it would be allot easier if one could just go directly to it right from here.
    Last edited by Louis.J; 04-23-2021 at 12:02 PM.

You may have to be a member to see it.

https://forum.accurateshooter.com/th...thods.3912170/

You do have to join the site to see it and there is no better time than now.

Extension

I also made extensions threaded for the actions I work on. Used old 1.250 barrels.
    works fine if you are starting with a barrel long enough to fit in headstock to thread and chamber. Use the extension after you have cut the muzzle end off to crown.
    not much good if your starting out with a short barrel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BFA1C4C9-DDF8-42A8-9238-F6481684673C.jpeg 
Views:	101 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	24619  

Right now I'm making a cat head to use instead of the chuck . It is pretty eazy to make . I'm chambering a couple old 22" Benchrest barrels for live varment gun for my son they will be 20" when finished . The cat head will be easer to use than the steady rest .

I can thread/chamber a 24 inch barrel using spiders on both ends but now days lots of guys wants 16 to 20 inch threaded barrels.

You can use your action truing fixture for short barrels.