Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Saw an interesting tuner

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Augusta, Maine & Palm Coast, Fl
    Posts
    6,408

    Saw an interesting tuner

    a lad had made for his rifle. He had made a device to screw on his muzzle the same sized O.D. as the barrel, with graduations and a set screw holding it on. Looks neat and I'm sure works just fine or at least he likes it.

    Pete

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    315
    I've seen a few homebrew tuners that seem to work. I wonder if the one you describe may be a bit light to be effective?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Augusta, Maine & Palm Coast, Fl
    Posts
    6,408

    Well Reed,

    Quote Originally Posted by ReedG View Post
    I've seen a few homebrew tuners that seem to work. I wonder if the one you describe may be a bit light to be effective?
    3 oz will tune an HV barrel. Borden made some a few years back and others have also made some about the same weight that work. Gene Beggs tuners weigh 3oz.

    Still sowin up theah?

    Pete

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    SW Kansas
    Posts
    767

    3 to 4 oz

    tunes a bbl just fine. A pic of a prs setup with a tuner. 6BR running at 2900 fps with 105's

    Little over a inch @600 and right at 2" @ 1000. In good conditions off of a bi-pod.

    If your shooting prs your going to running behind the crown with a brake or a can.

    Tuners are great!!

    Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1530.JPG 
Views:	271 
Size:	465.9 KB 
ID:	24411   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1529.JPG 
Views:	204 
Size:	470.6 KB 
ID:	24412  

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    564
    as always, you should take that to a BENCHREST MATCH WITH THOSE GROUPS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    tunes a bbl just fine. A pic of a prs setup with a tuner. 6BR running at 2900 fps with 105's

    Little over a inch @600 and right at 2" @ 1000. In good conditions off of a bi-pod.

    If your shooting prs your going to running behind the crown with a brake or a can.

    Tuners are great!!

    Richard

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    SW Kansas
    Posts
    767

    These groups

    were shot under ideal conditions at night, under the lights, no wind, no mirage, and a good bbl,tuner,bullet combo.

    If a .200-.250 gun "wows" you, step up your game a little. I built this thing as a test platform, and also to shoot steel for fun with the guys for a distraction from short range BR.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wass View Post
    3 oz will tune an HV barrel. Borden made some a few years back and others have also made some about the same weight that work. Gene Beggs tuners weigh 3oz.

    Still sowin up theah?

    Pete
    It's still February, Mr. Wass. Of course it's still snowin' up here. Looking for 2-4" tomorrow to cover up some of this muddy stuff!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Augusta, Maine & Palm Coast, Fl
    Posts
    6,408

    We've turnt the connah down heah

    Quote Originally Posted by ReedG View Post
    It's still February, Mr. Wass. Of course it's still snowin' up here. Looking for 2-4" tomorrow to cover up some of this muddy stuff!
    It's been quite lovely the past week or ten days but it's been a chilly winter in NE Florida this yeah! No snow though (:. Hope to see you this season. I'm immuned so good to go anywhere. Gonna get my Covid Card tattooed on my wrist for proof.

    Pete

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •