Thread: Joy-Stick Adjustable Rest Top by Shadetree Engineering

Joy-Stick Adjustable Rest Top by Shadetree Engineering

I've been looking for a joy-stick style rest for rimfire benchrest that doesn't cost as much as my rifle does. Has anyone used this rest that is made by Shadetree Engineering & Accuracy?

What you're buying is only the top. You have to use your own base and top bag.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	039bab2533611dae23ee740f0d1da56d.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	21167

I'm perfectly satisfied with my Shadetree.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kielly View Post
    I'm perfectly satisfied with my Shadetree.
    1. What base are you using?

2. How long have you used it?

3. Shooting at 50 yards, can you cover the complete target or do you still to adjust the top up and down and right to left?

I called the man, very friendly and helpful, who gave me the moa that it covers at 25 and 50 meters and told me that he doesn't recommend it for short distance rimfire Benchrest.

Rest

I have a Shadetree top and shoot 50 yard ARA.
    I have never felt handicapped by the rest.
    A lot of satisfied customers using this rest top.
    CLP

My neighbor bought one and itís on a caldwell bottom and he uses it for IR-50/50 and it works flawlessly. He also shoots group &VFS. I have used it a couple of times when he asked me to shoot a rifle that he was having a problem with and it was very smooth.

I own a Shadetree top with a Bald Eagle cast iron Y base. I have found this to be the perfect base for ABRA and other sporter competition. It sets up ideally with a Protektor sporter bag clamped in. It has more than enough range to cover an entire ABRA target without readjusting. I use a Farley for unlimited rifles, but the Shadetree is much smoother, especially with the lighter guns. I have in fact modified my Farley with Shadetree parts to give it a smoother slide and finer adjustment. I also have a Sinclair Competition and a Pappas one piece, but I seldom use those two in the competitions I shoot. They are both extremely well built and accurate rests, but they don't fit the style of my shooting and the one piece is often not allowed.

By the way, Butch is a real craftsman. His custom sporter rifles are works of art.