Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: What to look for when buying a used railgun

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    168

    What to look for when buying a used railgun

    I am in the market to buy a used railgun.
    So what I am looking for is what to look for that would make a rail not worth buying and also what to look for to make it worth buying.
    I know this is a very wide question but dont know any specifics to ask.

    Thanks
    Matt

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kentucky-Home of the Kentucky Wildcats
    Posts
    2,362
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspradlin View Post
    I am in the market to buy a used railgun.
    So what I am looking for is what to look for that would make a rail not worth buying and also what to look for to make it worth buying.
    I know this is a very wide question but dont know any specifics to ask.

    Thanks
    Matt
    Results are all that matter.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by mwezell View Post
    Results are all that matter.
    I understand that. But also results dont last forever either.
    So what about this. Which is more prefered a barrel block system or a glue in bedding like Mr. Hall used in the past?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kentucky-Home of the Kentucky Wildcats
    Posts
    2,362
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspradlin View Post
    I understand that. But also results dont last forever either.
    So what about this. Which is more prefered a barrel block system or a glue in bedding like Mr. Hall used in the past?
    I'm sorry Matt. I should have been more clear. What I mean is, just like buying any used br rifle, you have the luxury to see how it has shot in competition before buying it. This assumes it was shot in registered matches where the results can be found. That's why I said what I did. I feel that knowing the gun has been a competitive one outweighs all other factors.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by mwezell View Post
    I'm sorry Matt. I should have been more clear. What I mean is, just like buying any used br rifle, you have the luxury to see how it has shot in competition before buying it. This assumes it was shot in registered matches where the results can be found. That's why I said what I did. I feel that knowing the gun has been a competitive one outweighs all other factors.

    Now I got ya.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    5,286
    The answer to your question can either be difficult or simple. Depends on your understanding of what a railgun does. Most all types of rails have been successful from time to time indicating that return to battery and a good barrel is all you need. That said, the simpler the better is what I think.

    How difficult is it to change the barrel?

    How much does it cost to change the barrel?

    How quickly can you shoot a sighter?

    How quickly can you shoot a record shot based on the sighter?

    How quickly can you shoot 10 shots?

    Can you move it from bench to bench without help?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •