Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making your rest track perfectly when making a vertical adjustment from the rear leg

I have the same issues with my rest not tracking vertically also. Going to try some of these ideas.
    At the range I built and paid for myself, if you get a hammer out and bring it to your bench you had better be using it to commit suicide.
    Mike
    www.texasbenchrest.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Joe I agree but we both know thats not going to happen.
    However it could be done by the individual range/club.
    Vern,
    that would indeed be the answer. I'd like to see that at Holton, with the new bench tops that were created with a great deal of time, donated by a few members. Many thanks to them...

Anyone using these?

http://www.sinclairintl.com/.aspx/pi...Kote-Superfeet

Do they solve the problem?

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Balding View Post
    Anyone using these?

Terry
    Many are. They were a great idea by Dave Dohrman, one of several before he left us , and available now by several others . Best $20 ( thereabouts) a person can spend.

Terry I have used them but it didnt solve the problem for me when I was using that type of rest.
    Since I went to the joy stick I dont have the problem anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Balding View Post
    Anyone using these?

Terry
    If you are using a speed screw or sighter cam on the rear leg then no they will not solve the problem, using all three feet does not allow for the rear leg to float front to rear on the bench. When using a speed screw/sighter cam the rear leg travels in an arc causing the rear leg to want to move slightly fore and aft on the bench when you run the screw or cam up and down. You can use two Superfeet on the front and use something on the rear leg (penny, delrin puck, etc...) to allow for the slight shortening/lengthening movement of the rear leg as you move the rear leg up and down with the speed screw/sighter cam.
    Last edited by WSnyder; 03-17-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Yes indeed.

Some of you might already know, but during WBC11 (World Benchrest Championship) in France last august, the use of some kind of "Superfeet" was mandatory. No shooter was allowed to shoot without using them.

I had to buy a set before going to France, as I had never tried them before. They worked great, and I will keep using them in the future. At least one of them, under the rear leg of my JJ rest

Best regards,

Paal Otto
    Last edited by Chocolate Moose; 03-18-2012 at 08:16 AM. Reason: typo

Boyd thank you so much for the in sight on recognizing the issue, it is one I have been suffering through and this morning I turned a Delrin disk on the lathe and it is my hopes to give it a try just as soon as it stops raining out my way.

J.Louis

I want a report