Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking About F Class

If you are using the duplex reticle in the 6-24x Bushnell, then you will get by. I used the higher duplex for around 100yds, then I used the cross hair with the elevation just about bottomed out (about 1moa up), then with the scope all the way up I made 900yds. For 1000yds I used the bottom duplex. I used the Burris signiture rings to get my elevation and windage exactly right.

Anyone use the Nikon Monarch 8x32 scope for F class?

I finally settled on a scope. I'm replacing the Bushnell 4200 Elite 8-32x40, with a Leupold Benchrest 45x45 (from The Optic Zone). I had a chance last week to take a serious look at several different scopes, including a Nightforce NXS 12-42x56. The Nightforce was a beauty, but the Leupold was a bit closer to my budgeted amount for a scope. The rings and base are Leupold rings along with a long-range Leupold base with 20 moa built in.

This is going to be a several weeks-to-months program. The weather is a bit cold, not getting out of the low thirty's, with really cold winds. I'm going to have the stock bedded within the next four weeks, and start to build up some load data to study and try. I have access to a sheltered range, but it only goes to 200 yards, barely enough to zero the scope. However, it's a start, and the first matches begin in mid-March.

Quote Originally Posted by bob hardy View Post
    Anyone use the Nikon Monarch 8x32 scope for F class?
    I just looked at the Nikon web site and the 8-32x50 only has 20 moa. That's the same problem I have with my Bushnell 4200 Elite.

Nikon

I have two different Nikon Monarch scopes and the optics are clear, but neither track as reliably as my Leupolds. I sent one back under warranty and it's no better. Even the fine adjustment for zero can be challenging. I've put them on hunting rifles zeroed at 200 and don't touch the knobs. - nhk

nhkuehl, sorry to ask a silly ?, but what do you mean by "track as reliably". I asked about the Nikon because I have a 3x12 on my 06 hunting rifle, and it's pretty nice.
    Bob

Tracking

Quote Originally Posted by bob hardy View Post
    nhkuehl, sorry to ask a silly ?, but what do you mean by "track as reliably". I asked about the Nikon because I have a 3x12 on my 06 hunting rifle, and it's pretty nice.
    Bob
    My first one was a #$%$&@! to sight in because when you needed a click (1/4") down, you might get an inch+ diagonal and it wasn't my shooting or a sorry load. Once you burned enough ammo and got it where you wanted it by trial and error it would hold that zero, but there was no clicking for elevation. I sent it in on warranty and when I got it back it was still the same. That scope has been on several of my rifles with the same results. My second Nikon Monarch is much better, but doesn't click elevation consistently to use for adjusted LR shooting. Both are set at 200m on hunting rifles and left alone now. I really debated about buying my second Nikon and thought maybe my first one was just a fluke. I have five Leupolds that are completely reliable for elevation, repeatability and return to zero each time. From now on it's bite the bullet and upgrade. - nhk