Thread: Reticle replacement?

Reticle replacement?

Is there a good scope man out there that can change scope reticles?

Thanks,

Jarrod

Quote Originally Posted by Jbordi View Post
    Is there a good scope man out there that can change scope reticles?

Thanks,

Jarrod
    in short yes, depends which reticle and which scope.

If it is a Leupold, send it to them. They have several methods. I sent them 3 45X and got them enlarged 30%. I also sent 2 40X and they changed out the reticles and removed the dots. It got to the point where I need help in crosshair visibility and don't need the distraction of the dot. For these I think the cost was $45 each and that included return, next day shipping.

Wally Siebert is another source.

Bushnell 4200 elite-looking to install a ballistic reticle.

Bill Ackerman

Optical Services Co.

Santa Teresa, NM

575-589-3833

Arrow Reticles

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySharrett View Post
    If it is a Leupold, send it to them. They have several methods. I sent them 3 45X and got them enlarged 30%. I also sent 2 40X and they changed out the reticles and removed the dots. It got to the point where I need help in crosshair visibility and don't need the distraction of the dot. For these I think the cost was $45 each and that included return, next day shipping.

Wally Siebert is another source.
    Jerry, Send it to whom?! Have a link or number?

Quote Originally Posted by Toscano View Post
    Jerry, Send it to whom?! Have a link or number?
    If it a Leupold send it to http://www.leupold.com/. Some of the other brands like Weaver abd Tasco are no longer in business or do not honor the original companies warranty.

Leupold also now owns and makes the Redfield line. I don't know if they honor the old Redfield warranty.

Then ther are aeveral private individuals like Wally Siebert, Premier and Bill Akerman who will do about anything you wish to them, at a cost of course.

I have sent many Leupold's back to Oregon over the years and they have been a pleasure to deal with. I assume they are still the same fine company.

I always found it best to call and talk to a real person in the service department. They can explain exactly what services they offer, how much it will cost, how to pack and ship the scope, etc.

The same advice goes for guys like Wally and Bill. Call them.

JMHO

Ray

As far as Premier goes good luck now. Premier used to do work on Leupolds then they got hooked up with Schmidt Bender, then there was a fiasco with Schmidt Bender, now they make their own scope and claim it to be comparable to a schidt bender, I have not heard that they are back working on Leupolds though.

Paul