Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting 22 Ammo In California

Getting 22 Ammo In California

To those that have been following it ASsembly Bill 962 was signed into law by the Governator and no more pistol ammo can be shipped in after February 2011 to include 22 long rifle.
    Waterboy

Looks like California now has total gun control. Almost any ammo can be shot in some kind of pistol. Can you roll your own?

Lynn,

Haven't been following the state bills in California, so what's the intentions of such a bill. I assume that one will still be able to purchase ammo within state? Is it for tax purposes? Being able to track who purchases ammo maybe? Seems that the state leaders would be focusing getting the state out of debt. Of course if they think that it will help curtail crime then they've been watching to many of the movies they make.

Les

Wouldn't it have to be made in California? Can't ship it in or does that mean you have to go through an FFL or something. The anti gunners finally figured out to go after the ammo. Sure took them a long time to figure it out.

Sales in California
    Filed under: Bullets, Brass, Ammo, News — Editor @ 8 am
    California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed AB 962 yesterday. Consequently, effective February 1, 2011, Californians will have to provide complete personal information, plus a thumbprint, to buy pistol ammunition. In addition, the bill requires that all pistol ammo sales be “face to face”. This could effectively ban mail-order ammunition sales in California. Cabela’s, a leading outdoor retailer, has told customers that it will stop shipping ammo to California if AB 962 became law.

Though AB 962 was designed to control pistol ammunition purchases, it will also affect rifle ammunition sales because California law defining pistol ammo is broad and vague. Basically, AB 962 could be extended to virtually any ammo which has ever been used in a pistol. That certainly will include 22LR, 22 Magnum, .221 Fireball, and .223 Rem for starters.

Gov. Schwarzenegger vetoed similar legislation a few years ago, based on the fact that a similar federal scheme had been tried and later abandoned as a complete failure. However, the Governor reversed himself, explaining: “Although I have previously vetoed legislation similar to this measure, local governments have demonstrated that requiring ammunition vendors to keep records on ammunition sales improves public safety. These records have allowed law enforcement to arrest and prosecute persons who have no business possessing firearms and ammunition: gang members, violent parolees, second and third strikers, and even people previously serving time in state prison for murder. Moreover, this type of record keeping is no more intrusive for law abiding citizens than similar laws governing pawnshops or the sale of cold medicine.”

Beau
    It looks like I need to be finger printed to shoot a squirrel in California next year.
    Waterboy

maybe we could sell kalifornia back. where's that guy that bought alaska when you need him.

Now I know why I'm going to stay right here in Indiana!

I am glad that I live in the United States of America and not California!

I wish that I could claim originality for that line, but it came from rimfirecentral not long ago.

"The last man to say something and know it to be original, was probably Adam!"
    Mark Twain

Sorry for those in California who have to put up with all of the assaults on the Constitution.

Greg

They did it to themselves

Everyone in Kalifornia has the right to vote, and they did.

Good point, Fred!
    Elections have consequences!

Greg

The main problem in California is the Los Angeles area.If you look at a map we are about the size of 5 eastcoast states but in one county they have all of the votes needed to override the entire rest of the state.
    Waterboy

Sorry for the shooters in California, there are some good people out there as in all the states, who have to put up with such morons. But, those in other states should be on notice that what starts out there tends to bleed over to the other states as well. People need to wake up and take notice, once the Washington buch gets through screwing up everything else, gun control is coming to a place near you, maybe even to your place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Owens View Post
    Sorry for the shooters in California, there are some good people out there as in all the states, who have to put up with such morons. But, those in other states should be on notice that what starts out there tends to bleed over to the other states as well. People need to wake up and take notice, once the Washington buch gets through screwing up everything else, gun control is coming to a place near you, maybe even to your place.
    Right on Kent.... I'm sure NY will not be far behind as they have been trying for something like this for years and now have the votes (Democraps) to make it happen. Texas and Arizona are looking better all the time

The tip of the iceberg

We will set on rearends and do nothing now they no the laws can pass on ammo we are in a tizzy

Has anyone read this thing? On another forum there is a quote saying it it limiting purchaces to 50 rds a month to anyone not licenced as a dealer and that components qualify as ammo. That would mean that you could not buy a box of more than 50 bullets for reloading....sounds strange.