Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spiked pod feet

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by earl39 View Post
    and what is ft/r but another way to say restricted.
    F/TR= F Class, Target-Rifle!

D R

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by earl39 View Post
    LA thats lower arkansas and a wee bit back in the boonies to boot and yes i guess it could be a bit misleading but you are talking U. S. rules compared to international rules. and as our home grown rules only really differ in bullet weight and i belive in max caliber then there is no reason to suspect that anything not stated as being different from the international would not be allowed therefore the use of international rules to base my answer on. now on further study i have found that the newest edition of international rules also leave out any mention of spikes in ft/r but still mention them in f open. with that thought in mind if i had to make a ruling on it as to is it legal i would still have to say yes IMHO since it was allowed but just not mentioned in the newest set of rules. lucky me i am not going to have to make that ruling tho. and what is ft/r but another way to say restricted. we are restricted to 223 or 308 and rucksack, bag or bipod to shoot from. and no i really don't want to get in a heated debate over it.
    No heat Earl, maybe it's just my 'conservative thinking' but I would assume (now don't go there ) that spikes were removed from the ICFRA F/Tr Rules to bring them more in line the NRA F/TR rules. I suppose if you are growing your own rules you can have them anyway you want. Good Shooting Earl!

D R

Quote Originally Posted by D R Greysun View Post
    No heat Earl, maybe it's just my 'conservative thinking' but I would assume (now don't go there ) that spikes were removed from the ICFRA F/Tr Rules to bring them more in line the NRA F/TR rules. I suppose if you are growing your own rules you can have them anyway you want. Good Shooting Earl!

D R
    D R you could be right but as stated by someone earlier good luck finding someone at the head office that knows enough about f-class and f t/r in particular to give the answer to why there is no mention of spikes. 20 X's and a good dog is all a man really needs. May you have both.

doesn't matter anyway

It dosen't really matter whether spiked pod feet are legal since there aren't any f class events with in a 400 mile radious of where I live anyway.
    If I want to get into competitive shooting I am going to have to pick a different discipline.

Really. There are no NRA Prone or Palma events within 400 miles of where you live. Where exactly would that be, again?

Generally speaking, most F-Class is shot alongside Prone/Palma matches. They were there first, put in the time/effort to get the land, set up the firing lines, the target pits, etc. and usually the High Power Rifle 'match director' for a club tends to be a sling-n-iron sight shooter (I may be one of the few exceptions - I shoot a little of both). As a result, you don't see many matches listed as 'F-Class' in match bulletins, or on state schedules. With very few exceptions, you should be able to shoot at matches listed as 'Prone' or 'Palma' or 'Fullbore', though.

didn't know that

that was something I did not know. I thankfully retract my statement