Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NRA Files for Bankruptcy

Smile What if

Trump was the head of the NRA. That would scare the crap out of all of the congress.

I'm not serious about that but it it is something that makes me smile.

as long as real americans own firearms. taking them away will never be easy.
    only when all the ammo is gone. i would guess all the politicians would be gone first

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I don't share your pessimism; it's hard for me to believe that the "left" could have found support for that in the 2A.
    I sure the people in England and Australia thought the same thing until it was too late. With the idiots in charge now we are probably looking at some dark days ahead.

Where is

Harlon Carter when you need him? Ya I know....the gophers deliver his mail, but still...

Charlton

Wheres Moses.

Quote Originally Posted by steve stanley View Post
    I sure the people in England and Australia thought the same thing until it was too late.
    Yep. I've seen different figures on this but of all the gun owners, enthusiasts, and hunters in this country, only a small percentage are NRA members. As usual, the minority totes the load for the rest that are too cheap or apathetic to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyhus View Post
    Yep. I've seen different figures on this but of all the gun owners, enthusiasts, and hunters in this country, only a small percentage are NRA members. As usual, the minority totes the load for the rest that are too cheap or apathetic to get involved.
    Years ago, I was a member; however, after reading about and seeing how the NRA operates, you don't have enough money to entice me to rejoin.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyhus View Post

I recently heard about the "3%'s". Only 3% of the Colonists supported the American Revolution. I am still shocked.....
    But, after getting into shooting sports and seeing all the people, who walk in and walk out of the events and not help....And most just have a criticism of anything....
    Last edited by zippy06; 01-19-2021 at 08:18 PM.

Iíve been a life member since the 80ís. It would be foolish for them not to have fund raisers ie. phone calls and letters. This is proven to be very profitable even when paying a third party to conduct the drive. When I get that call or letter I have a choice. I can participate in any amount I desire or toss it in the garbage. Defending a case in court is expensive.
    It might be time for leadership change at the top but I really feel that my life membership I purchased in the 80ís and the few times Iíve sent in a little additional money. I consider it all money well spent!

Amen amen

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Iíve been a life member since the 80ís. It would be foolish for them not to have fund raisers ie. phone calls and letters. This is proven to be very profitable even when paying a third party to conduct the drive. When I get that call or letter I have a choice. I can participate in any amount I desire or toss it in the garbage. Defending a case in court is expensive.
    It might be time for leadership change at the top but I really feel that my life membership I purchased in the 80ís and the few times Iíve sent in a little additional money. I consider it all money well spent!
    to what you say. Anyone not a member has benefited by the successes of the NRA in preserving our rights as stipulated in the 2nd amendment. Shooters who are not members are simply sliding along on responsible gunowner coattails.

The corrupted are claiming others are corrupt only to hide behind their own corruption and to look innocent to all the free wealth being gifted to them by being corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by glp View Post
    Anyone not a member has benefited by the successes of the NRA in preserving our rights as stipulated in the 2nd amendment. Shooters who are not members are simply sliding along on responsible gunowner coattails.
    The 2A was in place long before the NRA and likely will be long after the NRA is gone.

BTW, surely you're not saying that shooters who are not NRA members are not responsible gunowners?

The benefit of the NRA is their lobbying power and their Lawyers. If anyone thinks they can fight the system alone it is just not going to happen. Those folks in DC are determined to take your rights away and now having full control they can damn near do as they please and probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis.J View Post
    The benefit of the NRA is their lobbying power and their Lawyers. If anyone thinks they can fight the system alone it is just not going to happen. Those folks in DC are determined to take your rights away and now having full control they can damn near do as they please and probably will.
    What Louis said....otherwise you may be in a dream world...

Dave

Uhh...

Quote Originally Posted by zippy06 View Post
    I recently heard about the "3%'s". Only 3% of the Colonists supported the American Revolution. I am still shocked.....
    But, after getting into shooting sports and seeing all the people, who walk in and walk out of the events and not help....And most just have a criticism of anything....
    Uhh...I believe that was 30%. And after the Revolutionary war, rather than murder the loyalists, we allowed them to go to Canada.