Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NRA Files for Bankruptcy

Quote Originally Posted by Louis.J View Post
    They do have one hell of a Shooting Facility, an abundance of shooting programs including for youth. As well as Land for Hunting that one can put into for a hunt. Outside of Raton Mexico that allot of NRA members use including some here. And my American Rifleman was delivered yesterday but typically nothing in it that I like but others seem too so its all cool. A one year membership is less than 18 holes of golf and depending where one goes it does not always include an electric cart so is it really all that bad as they do fight behind the scenes all though maybe not as much as some want but you cannot also do it all by yourself.
    I have been to two NBRSA Group Nationals at Raton. It’s fanatic facility.
    At the 1000 rad range, they have a steel full size Buffalo way up on the hill, I guess at about 1500 yards. I guess anybody can take a shot at it.

Raton is one of the few ranges I have been to where they had to call a cease fire because of wild turkeys running across the range.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    Willy Brown is the expert on how our soon to be VP used the “tools” available to her in order to get ahead.
    Excellent response.

Endowment member here. I told them to not send me the magazine and all that other crap...no problem. The NRA is all we have and the other side will say anything to divide us. Don't believe everything you read. Yes, I would like to see more transparency from the NRA.
    I asked my State legislators a few years ago who they paid attention to here in Iowa. They said NRA and the Iowa Firearms Coalition.
    Later
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Coots; 01-16-2021 at 11:43 PM.

nra

Life member here. They might not be perfect. It would be dam rough without em. Doug

Benefactor member. Things seemed to really go south after that fight between Wayne and Ollie North. Never did learn who was the bad guy in that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Pike View Post
    Charter member of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership.
    Thanks for posting. Reminding me that my membership expired.

BTW you do not have to be Jewish to be a member.

Very good organization.

Quote Originally Posted by adamsgt View Post
    Benefactor member. Things seemed to really go south after that fight between Wayne and Ollie North. Never did learn who was the bad guy in that mess.
    Ollie North started to uncover how much $ was being spent on personal, non NRA stuff. Does Waynes wife really need a $5000 hair appointment ? Does he really need to live in a $6 000 000 house to protect gun rights?
    Started to resemble every thick necked union pres that long ago forgot about members.
    Last edited by tim; 01-17-2021 at 06:12 PM.

For once

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Ollie North started to uncover how much $ was being spent on personal, non NRA stuff. Does Waynes wife really need a $5000 hair appointment ? Does he really need to live in a $6 000 000 house to protect gun rights?
    Started to resemble every thick necked union pres that long ago forgot about members.
    we agree 100 percent on something Tim. Mebby this will be a better year.

Pete

And I "Third" both Pete & Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    I'd like to see a link to that info.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Coots View Post

Dave
    The following may not link to everything above, but it's a good start https://www.thedailybeast.com/nra-sp...res-wife-susan

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Coots View Post

Dave
    There must have been 4-5 well documented Wall Street Journal stories as well as lots of others, if not mistaken months later same stuff listed in the NYS claims published and, unfortunately, I live there.

I have concerns for the leadership of the NRA also, I have no doubt that they waste a lot of our money on perks for themselves. There are very few organizations that don't have this problem. I am also certain that without the NRA we would not own firearms in America today. They have problems for sure but I believe they are our strongest voice for our rights still. A lot of the accusations are coming from our enemies and need to be taken with a large dose of salt. I think the move to Texas is a good one as the government of New York is our enemy and they are dead set on destroying our 2nd amendment rights. I am a life member and I support the NRA, there are many good progun organizations to support as well but I think it is wise to continue to back the NRA as out most effective voice.

Quote Originally Posted by steve stanley View Post
    I am also certain that without the NRA we would not own firearms in America today.

I don't share your pessimism; it's hard for me to believe that the "left" could have found support for that in the 2A.

aoc

Saw the news this morning and aoc was talking about putting conservatives in a re education program.Draw your own conclusions on that one. Doug