Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA Files for Bankruptcy

NRA Files for Bankruptcy

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/15/nra-...-in-texas.html

Will leave New York and reincorporate as a non-profit in Texas.

hopefully this lets them lose the dead weight at the top that keep selling us out.

Would be nice, but don't count on it. I haven't got my American Rifleman magazine lately. Maybe this is why. I do like that magazine. Always have.

simply part of the problem.
    large over paid poor producing group.
    most fund raising is outside groups that take most of the money.
    just like the 2 major parties they only know the old way.
    DO NOTHING
    the nra was against the heller case and did not join in until late in the case.

as normal it is only about money

Damn, maybe I'll just let Biden and Harris speak for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rsmithsr View Post
    as normal it is only about money
    Ain't it interesting how, no matter what group, agenda, or form of media, this seems to be the case?
    Every one of NRA's mailings to me also include a plea for more money. Also the mailings from the SAF, and others, are about generating income. I happen to contribute to the USA Olympic shooting team, and every mailing from them is also intended to be an income generator.
    Not one of them simply send me an informational mailing, and I find that a turn-off, sometimes to the point of just chucking it all and trying to stand on my own, under the radar, so to speak.
    I'd be willing to make a bet that it's the same on the other side of the fence, too. Anti-Second groups probably pester their donators with increasing more pleas for increasingly more cash flow.

Just my 2-pence.....Roger
    Last edited by GTS225; 01-16-2021 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GTS225 View Post
    Ain't it interesting how, no matter what group, agenda, or form of media, this seems to be the case?
    Every one of NRA's mailings to me also include a plea for more money. Also the mailings from the SAF, and others, are about generating income. I happen to contribute to the USA Olympic shooting team, and every mailing from them is also intended to be an income generator.
    Not one of them simply send me an informational mailing, and I find that a turn-off, sometimes to the point of just chucking it all and trying to stand on my own, under the radar, so to speak.
    I'd be willing to make a bet that it's the same on the other side of the fence, too. Anti-Second groups probably pester their donators with increasing more pleas for increasingly more cash flow.

Just my 2-pence.....Roger
    I have been a lifetime member fo over twenty years, andI still get e-mails that say,.....”Join the NRA”.

I have always had mixed feelings about the NRA. One part of me says they are the ONE entity that fights tooth and nail for our 2d Amendment Rights.
    The other part thinks they are a bunch of fat cats living off of a big fat cash cow.

But as Dave pointed out, Ole Joe and “Knee Pads” Harris sure aren’t going to look out for us.

They do have one hell of a Shooting Facility, an abundance of shooting programs including for youth. As well as Land for Hunting that one can put into for a hunt. Outside of Raton Mexico that allot of NRA members use including some here. And my American Rifleman was delivered yesterday but typically nothing in it that I like but others seem too so its all cool. A one year membership is less than 18 holes of golf and depending where one goes it does not always include an electric cart so is it really all that bad as they do fight behind the scenes all though maybe not as much as some want but you cannot also do it all by yourself.

Like most members, I have issues with the NRA in some areas.

And I shudder to think where we'd be without them, for all these years. -Al

+1 to both Jackie and Al

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    I have been a lifetime member fo over twenty years, andI still get e-mails that say,.....”Join the NRA”.

I have always had mixed feelings about the NRA. One part of me says they are the ONE entity that fights tooth and nail for our 2d Amendment Rights.
    The other part thinks they are a bunch of fat cats living off of a big fat cash cow.

But as Dave pointed out, Ole Joe and “Knee Pads” Harris sure aren’t going to look out for us.
    So did she write the book "How To Get To The Top By Using Your Bottom"?

Quote Originally Posted by antelopedundee View Post
    So did she write the book "How To Get To The Top By Using Your Bottom"?
    Willy Brown is the expert on how our soon to be VP used the “tools” available to her in order to get ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis.J View Post
    They do have one hell of a Shooting Facility, an abundance of shooting programs including for youth. As well as Land for Hunting that one can put into for a hunt. Outside of Raton Mexico that allot of NRA members use including some here. And my American Rifleman was delivered yesterday but typically nothing in it that I like but others seem too so its all cool. A one year membership is less than 18 holes of golf and depending where one goes it does not always include an electric cart so is it really all that bad as they do fight behind the scenes all though maybe not as much as some want but you cannot also do it all by yourself.
    True ,, Good Post Mr. Louis.

Chet
    Last edited by coyotechet; 01-16-2021 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyhus View Post
    Like most members, I have issues with the NRA in some areas.

And I shudder to think where we'd be without them, for all these years. -Al
    Damn right!

Jpfo

Charter member of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership.