Thread: A moderate score today

A moderate score today

With the shortage of components and the resultant panic/hoarding...stuff is where you find it. I stopped in a local shop today and there was a pretty good assortment of stuff on the shelves. I scooped enough to keep the live varmint rigs fed and watered (small and big varmints ).

Not wanting to be what we in Lower Dakota Territory term a' CPM' (Cow Pig Man), I left lots on the shelf for the next person(s). There was still H322, AA2520, AA2015, a large asst. of Hornady VMax and XTP bullets, and a huge variety of .30 cal. bullets all the way from the 110 VMax to the 180-class heavies.

Primers, not so much....

Last edited by Al Nyhus; 11-25-2020 at 05:38 PM.

What?!!?? No carburetors, timing chains, blowers, and the real stuff?

AL

After my initial panic,I have been fortunate enough to score locally from private parties. My issue now is bullets. I did pick up 500 VMAX...not enough. Still looking for 50 and 55grn varmint of any make.

Good luck with your shopping.

Mort
    Last edited by dmort; 11-25-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmort View Post
    Al, After my initial panic,I have been fortunate enough to score locally from private parties. My issue now is bullets. I did pick up 500 VMAX...not enough. Still looking for 50 and 55grn varmint of any make.

Good luck with your shopping.Mort
    Mort, there were about 1,500 50 gr. VMax's there when I left. They are closed tomorrow but I'd be happy to snag some Friday and forward them on to you, if you like.

Good shootin'. -Al

Due to a well cultivated relationship with a LGS and some information from a friend I was able to score 4000 primers, 8 lbs of 4198 and 1000 40gr VMAX bullets. I do have reason to be thankful today.

Rick

I have nearly a Keg

of SMP 735 I've been sitting on for a few years. I figured in a pinch it might come in useful . It will make guns go boom and make bullets fly. Commercial re-loaders use it so it for sure works. Mebby I'll now finally get to use it. And there's the Tubal 2000 and the 4197 and the old 322 and a variety of other odds and ends. We've seen these shortages before, haven't we? I'm down to 9000 primers though, hoping to find more this winter .

Pete
    Last edited by Pete Wass; 11-26-2020 at 12:21 PM.

i am a poor child
    a quick count in this room is just over 70
    70 k
    i have learned from prior "shortages"

With all the posts

And info from sources like powder valley that components are being used to produce loaded ammo it begs the question...where is all the loaded ammo, pistol in particular? Have you gone to a Walmart and looked lately.

ar a local legs yesterday primers were $85 a thou and the owner said he found those from a local source and had to pay dearly. Iím not faulting his pricing, and he said he was selling them.

pete I have 5 lbs of SMP 735. It works wonderfully in 223 size cases.
    Last edited by glp; 11-26-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyhus View Post
    Mort, there were about 1,500 50 gr. VMax's there when I left. They are closed tomorrow but I'd be happy to snag some Friday and forward them on to you, if you like.

Good shootin'. -Al
    Al
    Sounds like a plan. Will PM you. Many thanks.
    Mort

Quote Originally Posted by dmort View Post
    Al, My issue now is bullets. I did pick up 500 VMAX...not enough. Still looking for 50 and 55grn varmint of any make. Mort
    Mort, I was able to get another 1,000 Hornady 50gr. VMax (#22261) today. My cost was $17.99/100 plus 7% tax= $19.25/100. You can have as many as you wish, or all of them, for that plus shipping.

Good shootin'. -Al

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyhus View Post
    Mort, I was able to get another 1,000 Hornady 50gr. VMax (#22261) today. My cost was $17.99/100 plus 7% tax= $19.25/100. You can have as many as you wish, or all of them, for that plus shipping.

Good shootin'. -Al
    Al
    I will take all of them.Let me know what the total is and we can arrange payment.

Many thanks!

Mort