Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Blast From The Past.....This Is Me In 1977

A lot of OSU grads in the family and 3 from Okla. A&M.

I went to OSU..except it was in Oregon and all about timber harvest and logging systems. That format disappeared along time ago. We are now paying for it.

Mort

I loved drag racing but never had the balls to do what Jackie did.

Eddie and his crew were good people, Loved to talk to him when they ran top fuel in NHRA. I always pulled for him until he gave it up

Sonny Michalsky

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    I actually pulled a Skier. I just tied the rope to my cavitation plate mounting rod.

His name was Sonny MaHoskey. He was one of the best skiers I ever knew. We raced in outlaw ski races.

He had a huge Murdock Ski that looked like a scaffold board. He was built like Arnold Swartzenegger.

As a demonstration at Lake Liberty, I pulled him through the Quarter Mile at over 105 mph.
    I talked to Sonny this morning and discussed his water skiing. He said he remembered two runs barefoot at 96 and 98 mph. He said he had one run on a ski at 117 mph.

He said there was absolutely no truth the rumor that he skied totally naked on the San Jac river.

Quote Originally Posted by KBob View Post
    I talked to Sonny this morning and discussed his water skiing. He said he remembered two runs barefoot at 96 and 98 mph. He said he had one run on a ski at 117 mph.

He said there was absolutely no truth the rumor that he skied totally naked on the San Jac river.
    Sonny came by our Shop a while back, I had not seen him in years.

I swear, he hasnít changed much at all.