Thread: 6BR brass

6BR brass

Due to health issues, I haven't shot from the bench in an extremely long time. Way back when, I built two 6BR and one 22BR guns. The 6mm Norma brass will not chamber. I have full length resized it, several times, but no luck. is there any 6BR Rem brass available anywhere, or do I need to buy a 6br Norma reamer? Thanks for any input

You probably need to trim about 50 thou off your cases as you probably have the chamber with the shorter neck.

Not to start a pissing match

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Due to health issues, I haven't shot from the bench in an extremely long time. Way back when, I built two 6BR and one 22BR guns. The 6mm Norma brass will not chamber. I have full length resized it, several times, but no luck. is there any 6BR Rem brass available anywhere, or do I need to buy a 6br Norma reamer? Thanks for any input
    But the 6BR Norma and the 6BR Remington are just enough different to cause the problem you are describing. The Norma is larger at the web, across the board.
    If we were speaking about my rifles, I would order a new set of reamers, 6mm and 22, in Norma specs
    David

David is correct. Lapua even went one step further and increased the web diameter even more, which is why the head stamp is “6BR Norma Lapua”. Much of this is due to the avoidance of patent infringement when Lapua decided to produce their 6BR brass.

It is a simple matter of running a reamer designed for the Lapua Case into your chamber.

What kind of barrels are these?

Everything said is true so far. I would try one trimmed down to 1.520 and see if that fixes the problem. I have a 22 br and it chambers the new brass fine if you full lentth size it and trim it to the 1.520 length. Some were even made with 1.5 in length.

Well, I may have 300+ rounds of original 6mmbr Remington brass if somebody needs some. It will need the flash holes drilled.

Butch, I would be interested in them.
    John

PM sent with my email address

Rem 6 br new primed

75 shipped

Quote Originally Posted by TomK View Post
    75 shipped
    How many pieces?

Thank you

Thank You

I would like to thank everyone for their input.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    How many pieces?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by TomK View Post
    Please message me with an address and preferred method of payment. I can do paypal, zelle or check.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie schmidt View Post
    david is correct. Lapua even went one step further and increased the web diameter even more, which is why the head stamp is “6br norma lapua”. Much of this is due to the avoidance of patent infringement when lapua decided to produce their 6br brass.

It is a simple matter of running a reamer designed for the lapua case into your chamber.

What kind of barrels are these?
    you can rent reamers