Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wilbur Needs a Cure

wilbur

prayers and best wishes for MR Wilbur. Hope you are well soon

Elmer,

Thanks for the update. It's nice to have better news.
    My best wishes are flying to Wilbur.

Olive.

Wilbur Update - Thursday, June 25

Hi Friends,

Here's the absolute latest update on Dad.

A real doctor must have finally arrived on the scene. With a couple of days worth of test results, they have concluded Dad has had a kidney shut down and he is being transferred to a hospital in Chattanooga for a procedure to treat this.

He's still having issues with his stomach, but this could be a factor in that as well.

Other than that, he's sounding great, and I truly believe they finally have a good plan in place to get him back on his feet.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. Dad sends his best to everyone.

Elmer

G'day Elmer. Please pass on best wishes from Australia to your dad. I hope that things work out well.

* doggie *

Elmer,
    Please let you Dad know that I am praying for him to get back to normal quickly. His Benchrest Central site is my daily medicine!
    Matt Dardas

Wilbur Update

Hi Friends!

I'm happy to report Dad is feeling pretty darn good. After several days of nothing to eat or drink (only getting fluids via IV) he had his first solid meal.

While the source of his condition is still unknown, he certainly seems to be headed in the right direction.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.

Elmer

That's some nice news to start my day with.

Go ahead Wilbur, make our day !!!!

Best wishes.

ps : Elmer, have your Dad been tested for cov19 ? 'cause G.I. + kidneys trouble is considered quite a "cov classic" here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer View Post
    Hi Friends!

I'm happy to report Dad is feeling pretty darn good. After several days of nothing to eat or drink (only getting fluids via IV) he had his first solid meal.

While the source of his condition is still unknown, he certainly seems to be headed in the right direction.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.

Elmer
    As many might remember, I went through total kidney shutdown about 12 years ago.

At the emergency room after I collapsed, they treated me for coronary distress for several hours until someone looked at the bloodwork and noticed my Creatine level was over 6. My kidneys were not working.

It took 7 days in the hospital until I was functional. I lost about 30 percent of each kidney. I recovered, but have to be careful.

I said all of this to tell you that they determined my kidney failure was brought on by my taking Celebrex, a very common anti arthritis drug. For some reason, still unknown, it shut down my kidneys.

Is there a possibility that Wilburís kidney problems are the result of a drug reaction?

Thank you, Elmer - good news! And good points by OliveOil and Jackie! RG

Though I've drifted from Benchrest over the last decade, I remember Wilbur perfectly and his wellbeing is important to me. One of the world's foremost true Good Guys.

Wilbur Update - Friday, July 3rd

Hi Friends,

I do have what we believe to be good news this time. The doctors seem confident they've identified the problem and are now treating it.

If things continue in the right direction, I hope to be bringing Dad home tomorrow.

Lord willing of course.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to my Dad, and I hope he'll be able to tell you as much soon.

thanks again and Happy 4th of July,

Elmer

Thanks for the updates Elmer. Means a lot to us. May God bless.

Here's hoping and praying that things improve quickly. We all respect you and wish that you will get back to normal soon. James

Your poor Dad has and is going through a tough time and with the good Lord's help he should be getting better very soon. I also want to say a prayer for the family God only knows what these good folks are also having to go through themselves. Also going to say a prayer for all of the good folks here who are praying for him and them you are a truly a blessing to mankind.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer View Post
    Hi Friends,

I do have what we believe to be good news this time. The doctors seem confident they've identified the problem and are now treating it.

If things continue in the right direction, I hope to be bringing Dad home tomorrow.

Lord willing of course.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to my Dad, and I hope he'll be able to tell you as much soon.

thanks again and Happy 4th of July,

Elmer
    keep on truckin bill b