Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Feel, and Look Like I went One Round With George Foreman

implants

I had 6 implants to replace 7 teeth. mine was tricky to do. needed a bone graft in one location. took 4 trips to a honest to god oral surgeon who was happy to do general anesthesia for most of the work. naturally insurance covered almost nothing. the total was around 25k, income tax refunded around 3-4K. about 2 years on and things are doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    I was told, when all said and done, in excess of 25K. My budget can't handle that.
    I opted for the top of the line procedure. I figured if I was going in, just go in all the way.

I did my shopping before settling on Clear Choice. For what I wanted, (as close to natural teeth as possible with no problems), the prices were about the same.

Since this is considered elective, my insurance would not help. Insurance will pay for what ever will be sufficient in the way of teeth and allow you to function in a fairly normal manner. That would be Dentures.

As I said before, I did not wish to go that route.

$42,500

A toothy problem

Jackie, After sinking my teeth into your story and chewing on the facts I figure I could swallow the $42,500 price and stomach the results. Tim

This kind of hit home! WOuld you mind elaborating a bit on the symptoms and why you went with this in the first place, A PM would suffice, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kobe View Post
    This kind of hit home! WOuld you mind elaborating a bit on the symptoms and why you went with this in the first place, A PM would suffice, thanks
    I don’t mind saying on this Forum. Many of my friends are well into their ‘70’s or more, and these are problems that can crop up.

I had no less than 8 crowns on various teeth. Through the years, the teeth that these were mounted on have started to deteriorate. I was starting to have some periodontal troubles that would involve some extensive dental work.

So I decided to go all in. Like I said, this was a quality of life issue.

My health is very important to me.

My first post here and it has to be about teeth!

I had a good friend who had all of his teeth replaced with implants and it cost him less than $10K. He went to Texas and then crossed the border and had it done. All American doctors. You walked across a bridge every morning into Mexico, they did a half dozen teeth each morning until you were done. They looked great and he didn't have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Downeast View Post
    My first post here and it has to be about teeth!

I had a good friend who had all of his teeth replaced with implants and it cost him less than $10K. He went to Texas and then crossed the border and had it done. All American doctors. You walked across a bridge every morning into Mexico, they did a half dozen teeth each morning until you were done. They looked great and he didn't have any problems.

That sounds like something I might do......

Altho walking acros't into Mexico every MORNING would be a liddle different.....or even in the daylight......LOL

Had a real nice looking young woman at work in her 30's who crossed over into Mexico. It was to have breast implants installed for allot less money and she never made it off the operating table when she died.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis.J View Post
    Had a real nice looking young woman at work in her 30's who crossed over into Mexico. It was to have breast implants installed for allot less money and she never made it off the operating table when she died.
    It’s good to have choices. There are Dentist in Eastern Europe, Romania to be specific, who do this type of work fo about $20,000.

If someone wants this type of work performed, they should do what they are most comfortable with.

Mexico

With "Clear Choice", if you lose a tooth, you get free replacements for five years. I already had one replaced.

Three miles from my house to the Clear Choice Clinic.

If something goes wrong with your discounted mexican implants, what's the recourse?

Good luck with suing a Foreign Doctor. That's to say if he/she is even licensed to practice.

Glenn
    Last edited by Chism G; 06-16-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Falsies

Jackie, good for you! I did not have this option years ago (or the money) so I got the falsies. I was down to one
    tooth and could no longer eat steak, just "punch holes" in it. In the interim my gums got so tough I could eat
    about anything except peanut brittle. I know your pain; I wouldn't go back to the real ones for anything. Good
    luck in your recovery!
    AJ

Chism G or to be able to get the body properly taken care of and back home as in the lady I worked with family's case.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Jewell View Post
    Jackie, good for you! I did not have this option years ago (or the money) so I got the falsies. I was down to one
    tooth and could no longer eat steak, just "punch holes" in it. In the interim my gums got so tough I could eat
    about anything except peanut brittle. I know your pain; I wouldn't go back to the real ones for anything. Good
    luck in your recovery!
    AJ
    Thanks Arnold. I think it is amazing what they can do in. modern Dentistry. I truly look forward to the rest of my life without the worry of those nagging dental problems.

implants

Had one implant installed in 1983,due to job related incident. Its still there.

Good to see you on here AJ.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Chism G View Post
    Had one implant installed in 1983,due to job related incident. Its still there.

Good to see you on here AJ.

Glenn
    Glenn, we all know what your job was. This would be a great......”now, for the rest of the story”