Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smiley Hensley Passed away

Great sense of humor!

One of the funniest things I have ever seen at a benchrest match was years ago at Unaka in Tennessee. Smiley was on a relay that was held up due to severe storms moving through the area. Like all shooters on the line, Smiley covered end of his barrel with a cotton towel to keep the rain off. When the rain was over and commence fire was given, Smiley fired his first shot and had forgotten the towel was covering his barrel. Every shooter on the line burst out in laughter and many stood and applauded as hundreds of pieces of white cotton towel went flying down range. And Smiley was laughing right along with them.

RIP Smiley

AS

Smiley, a great one

RIP Smiley

Great friend great shooter

Peace be with you Louella and the puppy

RIP Smiley

It's hard to believe cancer can grow in a moonshine processing area.

Later
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Coots; 06-06-2020 at 08:05 AM.

I will miss Smiley, many fun times together.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by kyle schultz View Post
    i never met smiley in person but talked with him a few times when i ordered some flags. As long as we keep him in our memories, he is never lost.
    can never forget a mn like smiley

More sad news. Very sorry to hear this.
    Rick Graham

I don't remember ever attending a match at Rockingham or Unaka that Smiley wasn't there. Always cheerful, willing to help anyone. Sad news indeed.

Iím just about to the point I donít want to look at a post where someoneís name is listed on the subject. It seems anymore it always the same thing. Weíve lost another great benchrest shooter and another good friend. Sad times. R. I. P. Smiley. Matches certainly wonít be the same.

Smiley was surely a good one. Tough competitor to say the very least! Generally speaking, if you beat Smiley, you done good...

Smiley was a good man

One of my best memories of Smiley was how every year at the Super Shoot he and Louella took Sal Vetimiglia (Shooters Choice) "under their wing" and helped him all week. Several times Smiley would spend a good part of his practice days, tuning Sal's gun , and Sal had a couple of Very good barrels. But, invariably, by about the second match of the day Sal would HAVE to tinker with the load, as Smiley had it tuned. The results were predictable, and Smiley would be fuming at Sal, but the next year they would still be there; helping Sal .
    RIP to Smiley, condolences and best wishes to Louella.

Smiley Hensley

Smiley will certainly be missed by all who ever shot short range benchrest.

Sorry to get this news and,

it has been another bad season for the BR community. Smiley was a great ambassador for the shooting sports...always willing to share his knowledge and techniques to any who asked. Gonna miss his good nature and smile and watch his pop-up trailer arrive at a match. Condolences to Luella and the Hensley family.

RIP Smiley.

I will sure miss seeing and talking with Smiley. The sound of his voice as he told a story will never be forgotten. RIP my friend.

I am surely saddened by the passing of Smiley . I have spent many hrs, talking and loading in same tent with Smiley. He has always given me great advice. Prayers for Ms Louella. RIP great shooter and fierce competitor, great wind flag maker.

So saddened to learn that Smiley is no longer with us. He was a very fine person.